BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that many of you ave had your bikes for a year, any input of a good TFT screen protector? I’m interested in a glass one. Which did you go with and how do you like it? How easy is it to clean and did it increase sun glare?

·
Vendor
2,629 Posts
There is no such thing as a glass one I have found out. When I think of GLASS, I am thinking like the windshield of a car, the glass you drink out of ... I brought 5 version of these screen protectors. Chinese to SpeedoAngels to BMW > I returned the BMW Motorrad one because I paid $70 for it and it was exactly like the SpeedoAngels version from the UK.

I complained to SpeedoAngels that they are selling a plastic protector very much like the Chinese $10 one. However, upon further explanation from SpeedoAngels on the product material, I was satisfied with the product in the looks. Its more like nano glass made into the protective plastic. The Speedoangels does have a lot better gloss and brightness to it over the Chinese $10 versions. I have 4 of these TFT screens all with SpeedoAngels covers on them.

I have had mine on since day one of June 7th. Love it still. No fading, no scratches in it. I only use a micro fine cloth to clean it.

The sun glare is bad when the sun is right behind you and shining over your shoulder right into the screen stock, protector cover, whatever. The TFT was just not designed to take direct sunlight very well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The anti glare makes sense i guess going off of what @BMW_388 said regarding the issues with direct sunlight. Maybe itll help

·
Vendor
2,629 Posts
The wording Tempered Glass is what made me write to SpeedoAngels about why does it bend just like the Chinese plastic version. This is my opinion > The 9H nano glass is exactly like the Tempered Glass version, and they both bend like plastic. I cannot see a difference..

So here is the quoted email from SpeedoAngels

Your point about the glass being plastic is not correct. This is 0.33mm premium tempered glass that is extremely expensive to produce and I can assure you, is glass. I have attached an image that we received from a customer yesterday who managed to crack theirs whilst fitting it, so you can clearly see that they are glass. Tempered glass is layered with other materials, so there is a slight amount of bend the protector will tolerate before it cracks. All tempered glass is like this and it is deliberately like this so that they do not immediately crack whilst in transit and fitting.
Its a great product. Just buy one of each. I got 2 of each between the Nano and Tempered. Sure look the same to me however.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The wording Tempered Glass is what made me write to SpeedoAngels about why does it bend just like the Chinese plastic version. This is my opinion > The 9H nano glass is exactly like the Tempered Glass version, and they both bend like plastic. I cannot see a difference..

So here is the quoted email from SpeedoAngels

Its a great product. Just buy one of each. I got 2 of each between the Nano and Tempered. Sure look the same to me however.
nice ty, they are cheaper on amazon instead of buying direct from them FYI.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the replies. Looks like I may just order the antiglare one. I wonder why the ultra clear is slightly more expensive. I am in no way complaining about the price. I am just curious what the differences are. Either way I’ll order one tonight

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is what i grabbed

Nice. I like the idea of two different screens in case I don't like the anti glare. At $14 it's not bad to try a few on. I just have to decide if i want to include the Fluke meter that's been in my cart for about 4 weeks...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also it looks like that screen protector is going to be 2 weeks for shipping. I'll report here when it's installed and let everyone know what I think of it. Until then the oem plastic film with air bubbles will stay on.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My dealer already peeled the plastic off of my TFT by the time i got to the dealer.....they took my joy away from me...I mean who doesn't like unpeeling electronics...should have asked for more off the bike lol.

Mine says 2 weeks out as well. So same here ill post my thoughts.

Was going to do some cold weather riding today but it started to snow so that squashed that idea.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts