BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
Ok, well, we all know the function of the new 2020 right now. The bike as a whole is back in WSBK. There is so many millions of dollars in that target direction that even the released street version is target market track.

As consumers we all have our opinion as the looks and feel we want individually.

I can take function and pass the regulations for now. I am the target consumer for the track aspect of the S1000RR no matter what year it is. I have the DMP integrated tail / brake / signals light in my 2015 and 2018. So if BMW has to put that ugly G310 tail assembly on it to pass regulations in the USA, no problem for me. I would remove it in an instant anyway. There will be some aftermarket that has the integrated aspect very soon after release.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is this the solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’ve heard in CA bikes need to have red reflectors, that could be just a reflector... otherwise as a taillight it looks better than G310 tail light, but still ugly.

This pic is from Portugal where we saw the middle taillight light up on braking.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Wasn't sure where else to post.. can the tail light (not the fender) be replaced with tail light of the previous gen?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wasn't sure where else to post.. can the tail light (not the fender) be replaced with tail light of the previous gen?

I’m sure its possible with some work. I did like the old tail light. The NRC tail light is pretty slick though. Looks modern

·
Registered
693 Posts
My Ca 2020 looks like the above pictures but as red reflectors running perpendicular down the sides of the license plate. It's not remotely policed in any way so I've removed the reflectors front and rear.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts