BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2020 Tail/Brake light for North America

12K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  simes007us 
#1 ·
Got confirmation from BMW that all North American RR’s will have a factory installed tail/brake light installed in a similar position to the tail/brake lights of the Gen1/2 bikes. They will not be using the turn signal tail/brake lights.

Yay! [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Sadly with any changes made that were not in the initial design stages, it just makes it much later you will see one of these in the USA for sale.

Reactions: Tried&True21
#10 ·
Did you guys allow the LED turn signals on the HP4? NA didn’t.

And here, they need a clear and distinctly different tail brake light. And cantered

#12 ·

Are you talking about the red circle? I was told that it will go at the end of the tail, the yellow circle.

#14 ·
Yeah, in their reveal they kept talking about its track readiness. They seem to really want it to jump back and forth seamlessly.

#17 ·
I feel the ideal mod would put the light back into the tail. Anything less is just a bandaid that would be hard pressed to be better aesthetically than BMW’s current setup. Yes, it will require the owner to have the tail cut or simply purchase a tail with an opening, but it’s without a doubt worth it.

#18 ·
I certainly hope it isn't the G310R tail light assembly. How common and ugly. Could you imagine paying premium money for an M package bike and THAT'S what it looks like from behind. I totally understand why they designed an easily removable tail kit, but seriously? Only a small percentage of these bike will see track use and most of those will be a "once or twice" track experience. They should have designed a permanent tail/brake light assembly, like current models or the Ducati V4, and be done with it. If it's going to be a track-only moto, then there's parts for that. As there always have been.

I'm a big BMW fan, but I'm shaking my head right now if the 310 part is true.

Attachments

#21 ·
Ok, well, we all know the function of the new 2020 right now. The bike as a whole is back in WSBK. There is so many millions of dollars in that target direction that even the released street version is target market track.

As consumers we all have our opinion as the looks and feel we want individually.

I can take function and pass the regulations for now. I am the target consumer for the track aspect of the S1000RR no matter what year it is. I have the DMP integrated tail / brake / signals light in my 2015 and 2018. So if BMW has to put that ugly G310 tail assembly on it to pass regulations in the USA, no problem for me. I would remove it in an instant anyway. There will be some aftermarket that has the integrated aspect very soon after release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.