BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got confirmation from BMW that all North American RR’s will have a factory installed tail/brake light installed in a similar position to the tail/brake lights of the Gen1/2 bikes. They will not be using the turn signal tail/brake lights.

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
Sadly with any changes made that were not in the initial design stages, it just makes it much later you will see one of these in the USA for sale.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's nice. That's probably why we're seeing these models arriving late, due to regulation complications.

After seeing it in person, today, i think the turn signal brake lights are dangerous. It may be cool if they leave them functional as brakelights, plus add additional taillight/ brakelight.

Got confirmation from BMW that all North American RR’s will have a factory installed tail/brake light installed in a similar position to the tail/brake lights of the Gen1/2 bikes. They will not be using the turn signal tail/brake lights.

Yay!

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you think NA is strict? the ADR (Australian Design Rules) are out of this world!

And I believe Japan will have the same tail lights as NA

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No news in AU of a light change that I know of.

Did you guys allow the LED turn signals on the HP4? NA didn’t.

And here, they need a clear and distinctly different tail brake light. And cantered

·
Super Moderator
6,258 Posts
Did you guys allow the LED turn signals on the HP4? NA didn’t.

And here, they need a clear and distinctly different tail brake light. And cantered

Yeah we had LED indicators. Intergrated tail lights are illegal here. So I'm not sure how the new bike will pass homoligation.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone told me it's the same part number as the 310, so we already know what it looks like.

Are you talking about the red circle? I was told that it will go at the end of the tail, the yellow circle.

·
Super Moderator
6,405 Posts
Red circle. They wanted something to just bolt on. End of the tail is more parts more work. Look at the smaller GS bikes, same idea. Really of no consequence, whatever is there will be removed almost immediately as lights are not required for track use.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, in their reveal they kept talking about its track readiness. They seem to really want it to jump back and forth seamlessly.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would just buy a little LED bar that goes in between the turn signals to replace it . The aftermarket guys will be all over what will be a simple mod.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I feel the ideal mod would put the light back into the tail. Anything less is just a bandaid that would be hard pressed to be better aesthetically than BMW’s current setup. Yes, it will require the owner to have the tail cut or simply purchase a tail with an opening, but it’s without a doubt worth it.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I certainly hope it isn't the G310R tail light assembly. How common and ugly. Could you imagine paying premium money for an M package bike and THAT'S what it looks like from behind. I totally understand why they designed an easily removable tail kit, but seriously? Only a small percentage of these bike will see track use and most of those will be a "once or twice" track experience. They should have designed a permanent tail/brake light assembly, like current models or the Ducati V4, and be done with it. If it's going to be a track-only moto, then there's parts for that. As there always have been.

I'm a big BMW fan, but I'm shaking my head right now if the 310 part is true.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,405 Posts
Well as you already know, Germans are about function before form, the Italians seem to be the opposite. Maybe BMW will do something special for the RR, but I've been told that is the shape of it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Someone told me it's the same part number as the 310, so we already know what it looks like.

Are you talking about the red circle? I was told that it will go at the end of the tail, the yellow circle.

This reminds me of the Yamaha fz09 tail light, the first generation that came out in 2014 had a tail light which looked (and felt) like it was added very late in the production line... however they redesigned it in their 2017+ models which looks much better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts