BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,261 Posts
Nice the only good news I got. But man it sure is taking it's time to come here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeah man. Mine is due in December. I'm hoping I have been a good boy and Santa brings me an oil cooler for Christmas so I can fix it and ride it lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice, so they are starting to replace the oil coolers in AUS?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I have just spoken with BMW Australia and they told me the part will only be available in February and that "it's safe to ride in the meantime". And here I was thinking it was a safety recall.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have just spoken with BMW Australia and they told me the part will only be available in February and that "it's safe to ride in the meantime". And here I was thinking it was a safety recall.

I wonder, in Germany it’s classified as risk of accident. It was issued immediately in the official government service that controls transport etc.
Also, reception of the letter or signing the acknowledgment of the issue basically would release bmw from any issue? Depends on country? I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
Dealership called me for oil cooler recall today, UTAH.

How long did it take?
you should have asked him if he even has the parts. Rumor is that parts are not at the dealers until the end of the month.

If I was changing it out would only take me 1 hour. No telling how many flag hours it is in the BMW book.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Was at my dealer this week and although I have no "skin" in the 2020 RR game, I'm still interested in the situation. He seemed quite frustrated, with a new tricolor RR on the floor that he was unable to sell, and he had no idea when the oil cooler part would be in. Interestingly, he also mentions the 310 GS which has a recall for brake calipers...waiting on those parts, too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I finally received my recall notice from BMW Australia. Interesting it states that "subsequently a critical riding situation may not be ruled out". Despite this when I called BMW they said it was not a safety issue and I could continue riding my bike. They also said that they didn't think the part would be available until February next year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here the pics of the replacement part on the left. Apparently only the hoses and attachments are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here the pics of the replacement part on the left. Apparently only the hoses and attachments are different.

The first of the two related recalls was just for the hoses. Then it was expanded in the second for the entire cooler. The difference in the photo is unclear, but is it in the hose attachment points?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts