BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've seen many internet videos showing ABS Pro in the bottom right of the dash when the bike starts up. Mine doesn't have this does that mean I don't have it? I thought it comes standard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pretty sure abs pro is when our abs is in a custom setting in race pro.

Race and abs pro is only available on the m spec

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an M Spec.

Here is a video...ABS Pro doesn't show on my bike as it does in this video. In the video, the guy is running in dynamic which isn't race-pro. Anyone taking it to the dealer to figure out what the heck.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
SJ BMW filled me in on this. They said you got the BM model instead of the straight "M" because you purchased from Cal Moto instead of them. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edit:

Hopefully a software update will fix it. :smile2:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SJ BMW filled me in on this. They said you got the BM model instead of the straight "M" because you purchased from Cal Moto instead of them. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edit:

Hopefully a software update will fix it. :smile2:
I was #6 but I didn't want to wait till march! And yes I hope the software is getting updated.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I was #6 but I didn't want to wait till march!
I remember your previous posts. I've purchased 3 bikes from Cal Moto Livermore with no complaints. Just messing with you. One of SJ's parts guys has a bike that's in country but delivery keeps getting pushed back. :rolleyes: If I see your M at PTT 9/28 or 29, I'll probably be trying to grab a tow. :laugh: I did ask Cory some specific questions about improving 5A and the exit of 6 so maybe not. I'm just looking forward to getting this bike on the track again. :smile2:

My bike does show ABS Pro on start up. All Race Pro modes have different settings. You should see it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup the dealer couldn't figure out why mine doesn't. They've sent a ticket to BMW HQ to get answers. ETA god knows when.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember your previous posts. I've purchased 3 bikes from Cal Moto Livermore with no complaints. Just messing with you. One of SJ's parts guys has a bike that's in country but delivery keeps getting pushed back. :rolleyes: If I see your M at PTT 9/28 or 29, I'll probably be trying to grab a tow. :laugh: I did ask Cory some specific questions about improving 5A and the exit of 6 so maybe not. I'm just looking forward to getting this bike on the track again. :smile2:

My bike does show ABS Pro on start up. All Race Pro modes have different settings. You should see it.
Have u had the throttle map fixed yet? Getting mine fixed 9/21 I'm excited. I literally lost a drag race out of 7a at Sonoma against a ninja 400 with the current throttle map, (kinda wanted to side step the bike after that one).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys,

I've seen many internet videos showing ABS Pro in the bottom right of the dash when the bike starts up. Mine doesn't have this does that mean I don't have it? I thought it comes standard.
Hi,
Even I am facing this issue, my bike dosent show up the ABS PRO, which is a 2020 model purchased last month, however a friend of mine got the same one in Nov 2019, and his bike displays ABS PRO on the startup dash. Checked with the showroom and what that have informed i have attached below

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Even I am facing this issue, my bike dosent show up the ABS PRO, which is a 2020 model purchased last month, however a friend of mine got the same one in Nov 2019, and his bike displays ABS PRO on the startup dash. Checked with the showroom and what that have informed i have attached below

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Hi,
USA version clusters ( KOMBI )

The first USA release of K67 was June 2019. There was about 200 bikes sold and released up to July 15th. All these K67 had the cluster display at key on ( PRE-CHECK ) ABS PRO in the lower right corner.

September update removed the pre-check ABS PRO logo. The update was about an hour and corrected things like Brake Pressure indicator calibration, hill hold control, and DTC calibrations.

The next update I have found to the cluster is the February update. This is a 2 hour update to the cluster. It does not restore the ABS PRO pre-check logo either.

·
Registered
365 Posts

The first USA release of K67 was June 2019. There was about 200 bikes sold and released up to July 15th. All these K67 had the cluster display at key on ( PRE-CHECK ) ABS PRO in the lower right corner.

September update removed the pre-check ABS PRO logo. The update was about an hour and corrected things like Brake Pressure indicator calibration, hill hold control, and DTC calibrations.

The next update I have found to the cluster is the February update. This is a 2 hour update to the cluster. It does not restore the ABS PRO pre-check logo either.
I have a May build, Aug release. I don't have any software updates for the obvious reason.

The only change you have listed that might be relevant is the DTC calibration. Do you know anything about this one?

The Hill Hold Control works perfectly - use the feature all the time. The brake pressure indicator appears to sometimes read high, but I don't care.

I wish Motorrad enabled user-update of their cluster just as they do for their cars. Currently the Cluster and ECU updates appear to go together via the dealer tools.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Do you know what the current software version is?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have emailed the factory in germany asking for clarifications and here is the reply from them.

Hi Bobby,

My name is Gerhard and I’m the responsible spokesperson from BMW Motorrad for the S 1000 RR.

Everything is fine with your bike! Your information from Germany is correct. From march 2020 on all new bikes with ABS PRO as standard don’t show the Logo in the display anymore. And the S 1000 RR has ABS PRO always as standard!
Only older bikes still have this Logo active. As soon as this bikes will come to the next service to the BMW Dealer the bikes will be updated with the newest software and the Logo will disappear also in this bikes. You have to understand, that the Logo technical wise has no impact to the function of the ABS system. It is only a light signal which is shown or not shown.
So don’t worry, your ABS PRO works perfect and there is no need to be confusedJ
And after the next service of your friends bike he will also not see the ABS PRO Logo anymore.

Stay save and have fun with one of the best bikes in the worldJ
Gerhard

--
BMW Group

1 - 19 of 19 Posts