BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
To give you all an update from my original post, since then the oil leak issue has happened not once, twice not even three times but four times folks. That’s right and they have tried replacing the tensioner, washer a couple of times but yet it keeps on leaking. I have asked the dealer to open a case with BMW to see what they have to say about it, I’m not holding my breath. I’ll give an update once I get the official word.
I heard from the dealership today with regards to the open case with BMW. Apparently they will be installing a different type of washer and tensioner, I’m told they have seen this issue before and this was their recommended fix, tine will tell at this point. I’ll post the part numbers for the hardware they used once I get the bike back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Following up on this, I got oil leaking from the cam tensioner again, when I was out on track. Its not funny anymore.
Back to the dealer and they agreed to change the cam tensioner to a new one tomorrow. Have a race coming up this weekend so hoping it doesn't leak again... !

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I heard from the dealership today with regards to the open case with BMW. Apparently they will be installing a different type of washer and tensioner, I’m told they have seen this issue before and this was their recommended fix, tine will tell at this point. I’ll post the part numbers for the hardware they used once I get the bike back.
Thanks for update, good to know !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ooof I had a similar problem with a Ducati V4S I purchased when they were first released. That ended up being bought back by Ducati as they couldn't solve all the myriad of problems. I recently (last weekend) switched over to BMW (2020 s1krr) to avoid these issues. Fingers crossed you get this figured out and it's more of a one off.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts