BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
What's wrong with the 1250 RS as a sport touring bike? It's brilliant.
The 1250 RS is an excellent bike, true. But again, for the price, it needs to come with central locking panniers, heated seats, etc, etc as standard. It's just my opinion, but I feel that BMW is not setting itself up well if it continues to produce costly bikes (both in the purchase price and maintenance), then charging premium prices for accessories that should come standard. Having sold BMWs, I repeatedly heard from prospective clients, ones I was trying to flip from their current non-BMW rides, "if bags" or "if heated seats" or "if extra lighting" came at the listed price, they'd bought that day. They UNDERSTAND the value of technology, but they WANT the convenience and comfort that the accessories offer.

I have a colleague that is a sales manager at a large BMW dealer in another state. He says that when they have left over models, even GS's, that are hard to move, they offer free bags......and the bike is generally gone in days. Huh. Better to be gone in days than in 4-6 months or more when the finance/floor charges start to pile up.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts