Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
DTC wheelie control
TFT
Keyless ride
Available in Red and Grey

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was expecting them to lower the revs in which it kicks in, but having ridden the current XR I reckon the engine is pretty well setup for the street.

·
Vendor
2,180 Posts
What's that SOS button for? Hazard lights or call for ambulance?

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe
SOS only works in Europe at this time. North America market does not have the proper photocol codes in the cell towers.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
A few nice upgrades, but not enough to tempt me. Not sure what the upgrades are aimed at. Canyon carving? Check. 600 mile days? Not so much. The old one can do that. If they included central locking panniers and heated seat as standard, then yes. They could do that for the $20K plus US price tag already on the bike. An RT is only a few thousand more and you get all that, plus AUX lighting, power windscreen, radio, etc, etc. They need to do something to entice people to buy after the terrible 2016 model vibration reputation that has plagued this bike ever since.

I was selling these, or trying to, and had to give ridiculous deals just to move the one or two we would have at any one time.

Come on BMW......build a proper Sport Touring bike!

·
Registered
157 Posts
A few nice upgrades, but not enough to tempt me. Not sure what the upgrades are aimed at. Canyon carving? Check. 600 mile days? Not so much. The old one can do that. If they included central locking panniers and heated seat as standard, then yes. They could do that for the $20K plus US price tag already on the bike. An RT is only a few thousand more and you get all that, plus AUX lighting, power windscreen, radio, etc, etc. They need to do something to entice people to buy after the terrible 2016 model vibration reputation that has plagued this bike ever since.

I was selling these, or trying to, and had to give ridiculous deals just to move the one or two we would have at any one time.

Come on BMW......build a proper Sport Touring bike!
What's wrong with the 1250 RS as a sport touring bike? It's brilliant.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I fell in love with the XR last summer when I rented one for a tour through the Alps in five countries over nine days. Such a fun and functional bike.

The new one improves on the old by shedding significant weight (10 kg), adding more midrange torque, updating the electronics/console with the great TFT, making 5/6 taller for easier cruising and improved consumption, upgrading to the BMW/Hayes brakes, better aerodynamics and wind protection, and a bunch more.

I'm a bit disappointed about no shiftcam and corresponding increases in power, but I get it. Not everyone wants a high-revving rocket ship for their sport tourer. The new XR will be faster than the old one, and the old one led the category in performance.

I'll get one to replace my K1300S, especially if I make my 2020 RR track-only.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm not a fan of the boxer engine! And more agility is more better
the air cooled ones are actually lots of fun, they have heaps of character. Not too sure about the water cooled versions as I've only ridden one. Didn't find it particularly exciting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts