BMW S1000RR Forum banner

721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
62 Posts
Service is always at least 2 hrs.
The service, i watched him. It was about 2 hrs. Then they put on new tires for me. had a flat on the way to the first service. Had to buy both front and rear because they didn't have a match to what came on the bike. The software was loaded prior to the tires. The whole visit was over in about 2 5 hrs

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
Not cured AT ALL, rather it caught me off guard i was expecting to have my life threatened by this thing and feels like a very slow 600
something is not right then. I have dyno'ed this many times and it clearly shows the torque change in the issue of the 'lag' .. I have the data posted here on the Throttle Blades position on this

BMWHP.com – 2020 ///M Sport BMW S1000RR – 2020 Track Sport BMW S1000RR

This is 2nd GEAR stock vs torque optimization

This is 3rd GEAR stock vs torque optimization

·
Registered
149 Posts
How did your magnetic drain plug look (metal shavings)? I plan to take a good look at that - most of my japanese bikes have been pretty clean but you should have seen my Ducati, looked like the magnet swept though a junkyard (also on 2nd and 3rd oil changes)

I'm not worried at all about the flat spot, the Bren handheld Stage 1 will fix it.

ALL of these bikes are compromised in some way from the factory now, just expect it...

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
I have 5 S1000RR now. The drain plug always has some bits of metal up to at least 7000 miles. In that 7000 miles my drain plug will have been removed 5 times. Always a reduction in the amount of metal and clutch disc debris. My K67 just hit 10,500. It is very acceptable the last oil change I made on it. My K46 that got 24,000 miles was nearly very clean by 15k miles. I have oil filter upon oil filter on the shelf of all these oil changes. If I ever want to go back to a mileage of change for that bike, I can pull that filter apart and look at it for the real story.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a new one with my 2020 s1000rr:
The damping control in both the front and rear DDC suspension has stopped working completely.
In race pro modes, there is no discernible difference between min setting '1' and max setting '14'. Always feels like it is on min setting.

Dealer agrees with the complaint and they have the bike now but have not found the culprit yet. Initial finding is that there is no electronic or wire harness issue.
Also when the ignition is off the suspension goes completely stiff as expected, so I guess that electronic valving is working..

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
Just install AKRA full system, is it recommended to replace the air filter? if it is, which one?
If you value your piston rings you will keep running the OEM air filter. The sprint or any other high flow filter will not stop micro particles on street riding. If you really want that 1 whole HP increase you can run the Sprint filter at the track day / race track if you will make you feel faster. Me I can run the OEM filter all the time and its all good. XWORKS V1 will dyno 203HP with the OEM filter, stock location IAT, factory RPM limiter... Guess I could have had 204 / 205 with the sprint filter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Always an interesting discussion on oiled vs dry paper filters. I don't think it's been proven conclusively either way (or if it has I'd like to see it). I run a green filter on my ZL1 (and my intake is perfectly clean and dry I might add) but no plans to change the air filter on the S1000RR yet, I doubt it's worth more than 1-2 hp anyway Green Filter - High Performance Air Filters

·
4,890 Posts
If it's a dedicated track bike, a race filter will be fine. Otherwise I would stick with OEM filter.

Reactions: BMW_388

·
Registered
475 Posts
I’ve always wondered about the topic on filters like sprint ect. I can see if your riding the roads and there’s let say someone doing construction or someone mowing a lawn and goes over a part where there is not much grass and mostly dirt/ a dust cloud comes up but how is the track different from the highway? Sure it’s a more controlled environment but if the highway is somewhat clean I’m not seeing how it’s much different? I put 3k miles on with my spring filter I’ll have to check out the air box soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
I finally found the picture of an air box that ran a Sprint filter in Arizona for about 5000 miles. The guy was telling me it was smoking on start up. When he told me he was running a Sprint filter I told him the rings are likely scratched and the cylinder walls are scratched. Too many street miles in an area with slit type sand.

This is MY 2018 air box riding on Track and Street 5500 miles on the OEM air filter. Clean as you would expect on the OEM filter and it still dyno'ed 197HP at the tire.

Reactions: cyclesailor955

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I finally found the picture of an air box that ran a Sprint filter in Arizona for about 5000 miles. The guy was telling me it was smoking on start up. When he told me he was running a Sprint filter I told him the rings are likely scratched and the cylinder walls are scratched. Too many street miles in an area with slit type sand.

View attachment 214014
Ok, i am putting the stock filter back in. Thanks for educating us @BMW_388

·
Registered
149 Posts
Too many street miles in an area with slit type sand
Which is a special case those on the east coast don't have to worry about.

Just saying, there are all these scary videos on youtube about oiled filters but the intake on my ZL1 is absolutely spotless running a green filter. I don't drive in a desert, if so I would be concerned about fine particulates. 3 sides to every story as always

·
Vendor
3,157 Posts
Which is a special case those on the east coast don't have to worry about.

Just saying, there are all these scary videos on youtube about oiled filters but the intake on my ZL1 is absolutely spotless running a green filter. I don't drive in a desert, if so I would be concerned about fine particulates. 3 sides to every story as always
you got snow sand/gravel and brine in the spring from the winter. It dont all get sweep up by the street cleaners.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I did a local and Google search on 2021 m 1000rr, and no results.

Do we have a thread here talking about that sexy beast?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I did a local and Google search on 2021 m 1000rr, and no results.
Do we have a thread here talking about that sexy beast?
Don’t know why your search did not give these 2 results:

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 S1000RR - Race package, M-forged wheels, 4500 miles.

Okay, I've got a question about cush drives.

After having my wheels powder coated I now notice a wobble in the rear sprocket and the edge of the rear tire. The shop I went through for the powder coating says there is nothing reading on the throw out gauge and that this is what cush drives are supposed to do. I am no knowledge of cush drives. All I know is I checked the sprocket before removing the wheel and it had 0 play in it from left to right (again, I have no idea if that is good or bad). It also seems odd that I'd also notice the tire itself walking when I went to film the sprocket.

I've read a few threads here from a couple years back about a similar issue and it caused a lot of problems with tire and sprocket wear. Can someone give me some advice? Take a look and let me know what you think.

721 - 740 of 740 Posts