BMW S1000RR Forum banner

601 - 620 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The second time I opened up a complaint on the work order, I said it was a know issue of the ddc.
But the tech says it's the front rotors. I'm going to try it a 3rd time, I just don't want to argue with someone who as more knowledge than me on motorcycles...

·
Registered
369 Posts
The second time I opened up a complaint on the work order, I said it was a know issue of the ddc.
But the tech says it's the front rotors. I'm going to try it a 3rd time, I just don't want to argue with someone who as more knowledge than me on motorcycles...
BMW knows the issue!
The noise comes from the bottom valve of the closed Cartridge (left fork).
At the change from pressure stage to rebound stage the Check valve-Shim compresses the spring and the nut gets in contact with the shim packet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That’s the beauty of forums they are cyclical. Every new sport bike these days have similar statements and most should be a no buy for a ton of reasons.

I just had the recalls and the leaking on parked calipers. All works great now the best sport bike for road and track for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just took the sprint air filter out of my k67 to give it a quick cleaning and took the opportunity to peak down into my air box and velocity stack area and I noticed it was pretty wet. There was even liquid pooling in the corners... it was green in color similar to gasoline but I was under the impression that it’s usually oil that will get in there. Does this seem abnormal to anyone? On my previous bikes I had a bit of buildup but not to this extent.

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Just took the sprint air filter out of my k67 to give it a quick cleaning and took the opportunity to peak down into my air box and velocity stack area and I noticed it was pretty wet. There was even liquid pooling in the corners... it was green in color similar to gasoline but I was under the impression that it’s usually oil that will get in there. Does this seem abnormal to anyone? On my previous bikes I had a bit of buildup but not to this extent.
I have posted about this oil in the air box before.

There is some unusual oil passing up the crank case breather tubes which happens to be regulated by butterflies in the throttle bodies. There are rubber seals that are between the air box and those throttle body ports. In the picture below is oil leaking from that air box seal area onto the throttle body. What did not leak out pass the seal went into the air box. BMWAG has posted a PUMA on this and called it normal to the crank case scavenging system intent.

My opinion is that it is too much for engines that are subject to high RPM like running over 10k RPM fairly often. Now the plus side of the situation is that it appears to have the issue at lower miles and starts to clear up after about 6000 miles, as in less oil residue passing in the crank case tubes.

Reactions: cjc and Alexanderss

·
Registered
19 Posts
My bike have 9267km and something shot in the engine tomorrow they have to say what happened. This is probably my last BMW bike

·
4,832 Posts
My bike have 9267km and something shot in the engine tomorrow they have to say what happened. This is probably my last BMW bike
Sorry to hear, many engine issues. What's build date of your bike? Can you keep us posted on your issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Build date is 20/02/2020
I have problem with display.
Next problem witch suspension problem and bmw said it's ok!
Problem witch break leaking
And now problem engine :/
they should sell the second bike for free with this bike, because it is still being repaired

·
4,832 Posts
Many of bikes after Aug 2020 build date seem to have many of these issues worked out. The batch coming out after Oct 2020 is part of 2021 models (at least in the USA) where BMW introduced more stability. My dealership mentioned to get one part of 2021 batch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Technically the 2020 is the second year 😂😂😅 I'm not super thrilled about quality. This is my first BMW anything, so not good first impressions so far. My KTM RC 390 was worst though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some driver has died in my engine BMW knows this problem and has it replaced. my dealer disassembles the entire engine at his own expense to check if anything is damaged yet.

·
Vendor
3,051 Posts
Technically the 2020 is the second year 😂😂😅 I'm not super thrilled about quality. This is my first BMW anything, so not good first impressions so far. My KTM RC 390 was worst though.
Completely technically, the K67 was first produced in 2018. There was 500 units made. Then when WSBK approved the K67 for racing in the 2019 season there was another 2000 units made. Any K67's released to the public were VIN L making it really a 2020 made in 2019.

Reactions: Alexanderss
601 - 620 of 703 Posts