BMW S1000RR Forum banner

581 - 600 of 673 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice view of the connecting rod trying to greet you. What oil do you use? Did the bike ever have any over heating issues from any of the prior problems it had?
THEY used whatever oil they should use according to their rules for the service....everything that was ever done/changed on the bike was done at the dealer.... otherwise it would be BYE BYE engine BYE BYE warranty ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm just gonna leave this here for any K67 M package owners or anyone looking to buy one :D. Not even a year old bike.... 18kkm... every possible recall done... cracked carbon wheel... 2 coils dead...God knows what sensor also dead.... LCD screen died... rear wheel hub broke... 7 shark fins replaced... AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF engine exploded going 130mph on the highway leaving me in wonder how am I not dead... and I am still looking to buy the new M1000RR (dont mind me I am dumb). But for all of you guys looking to buy one I am telling you its a half finished product.

And the dealer asked my do I ride it hard cause that's maybe it's falling to pieces hahaha...

BMW Motorrad are saying nothing either btw...
View attachment 213184
Honda Fireblade owners also complain with their engine rods faulty. These mass produced bikes are not perfect understandably. Mine no issues one or another recall went all revs up at race track no issues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Honda Fireblade owners also complain with their engine rods faulty. These mass produced bikes are not perfect understandably. Mine no issues one or another recall went all revs up at race track no issues....

Isnt there a recall on those rods?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sounds like one of the coils finally died on my early version 2020. Running on 3 Cylinders with no other ill effects. Hope they can change them out quickly I got a private track day in a week. Had about 4500 mostly all track miles on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will these "issues" be resolved for 2021 is the real question, I was thinking about pre-ordering a black one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
BMW usually gets the QC issues resolved quickly
There is way to many issues with this bike right now.
It needs a flash right out of the gate...About $1K
Bad coils
Bad left fork
Leaking forks
Leaking calipers
Shark fin cracks
Carbon wheel cracks
Engine case cracks/hole
TFT display issues
Toggle control wheel breaking
1st to neutral issue
Its to much for me to take a chance for that kind of money

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bad coils
Bad left fork
Leaking forks
Leaking calipers
Shark fin cracks
Carbon wheel cracks
Engine case cracks/hole
TFT display issues
Toggle control breaking
Seems like it depends on the bike. Only issue I’ve had on mine was of course the shark fin and the rear rim showing cracking. The fins they keep replacing under warranty and they approved my rear rim just recently. I can see why there is some hesitation to buy one though. Rear rim is only on the m model. You can get all the goodies of the m without the carbon wheels. And they have china plastics which will make your bike look just like the m model now. I wouldn’t be surprised if china makes a shark fin that doesn’t break. Usually the aftermarket fairings are a little thicker then oem from what I’ve seen on different bikes with aftermarket plastics

·
Registered
98 Posts
It needs a flash right out of the gate
So I guess you buy a black 2015-2018 and deal with the funky looks and slower steering (which may be a good thing for high speed freeway runs). Seat feels a little low on the old one, too

·
Registered
363 Posts
So I guess you buy a black 2015-2018 and deal with the funky looks and slower steering (which may be a good thing for high speed freeway runs). Seat feels a little low on the old one, too
I have a 2017 and like the looks of it, thats why I bought it. The seat is not low and I havent had any issues and it has a real tail light 😀

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the 2020 and actually think that the previous gen (2nd?) looked better, I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would totally have waited if I have had the last gen. Went to the dealer and the new 900R models have brembos moneblocks (by the look of the calipers). The new brakes on the s1000r look very rubbish next to those...

·
Registered
42 Posts
My bike got a bunch of stuff fixed last month. Including the multifonction control wheel.
It allready started jamming again.

Other issues that was not resolved is the ''clock clock'' on the front end. The tech checked it twice and states that i'ts the floating rotors. It's pretty anoying, you can even feel it in the handle bars.
If it was the rotors, it would not do it when I'm not touching the brakes?

I also have a hard time finding neutral, so the next visit will have to deal with the puma measure for this.

I have roughly 10 000miles and my front forks are still ''greassy'' witch I find weird if it's still grease from assembly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My bike got a bunch of stuff fixed last month. Including the multifonction control wheel.

Other issues that was not resolved is the ''clock clock'' on the front end. The tech checked it twice and states that i'ts the floating rotors. It's pretty anoying, you can even feel it in the handle bars.

I also have a hard time finding neutral, so the next visit will have to deal with the puma measure for this.

I have roughly 10 000miles and my front forks are still ''greassy'' witch I find weird if it's still grease from assembly.
I think some guys in Europe got their forks replaced under warranty and the clunk noise is gone:

I have issues going from 1st to neutral, is almost imposible, so I always go from 2nd to neutral, not sure if that's the same issue reported, I found it strange since I bought mine in April of this year and was pretty sure it came from the latest batches where this was supposedly solved.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Its the left front fork, needs to be replaced its not the rotors!

·
Registered
363 Posts
So no reason to upgrade right?
To be honest, I never buy a first year production bike and this new model shows why. I like the 2021 Black model and It was a consideration but it just has way tooooo many issues. The 2017 was many years of perfecting the bike. So for me I shall continue to wait and see till the problems are corrected, could be years we shall see.
If I were looking and didnt have one I would look at the 2017-2019 models. But thats me

581 - 600 of 673 Posts