BMW S1000RR Forum banner

461 - 480 of 485 Posts

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
I've documented my issues here with my 2020. They have been a major headache and ruined the initial honeymoon phase. I haven't seen the some of the issues that others are seeing (ie forks/shock leaking, other mechanical issues).

Having said that, I do not regret my purchase .I love this bike and look forward to many many more miles.

HAVING SAID THAT, my dealer must hate when they see my number pop up on the caller id.
I have documented every issue I have had too on my K67. Coil went out at 3500 miles.. thats it....Since June 6th, I have put over 8600 miles of smiles on the thing. My miles are not your average type miles either. Over 25 rear tires have been on and off that rear carbon wheel.

I still have my oil cooler and it shows zero signs of leaks. The good thing about that oil cooler replacement is that it is a NHTSA mandated replacement so it does not matter how many miles I put on it, I get a new oil cooler some day in the future. I had 25000 miles in mind. I will get a nice new shiny oil cooler.

Oct 02,2019
Manufacturer Recall Number NA
NHTSA Recall Number 19V697
Recall Status Recall Incomplete

The calipers were never leaking, but I replaced those at 1600 miles with Brembo GP4

My forks do not clunk

My oil pan does not leak.

It must be the EXWERKS ECU work has kept it going strong. Been on there since 800 miles. 600 break in limiter, 200 to test with stock coded ECU, 4 versions of XWORKS to EXWERKS.

Reactions: cjc

·
Registered
6 Posts
BMW released a measure on it ages ago. They are surface only and not structural. That's what they're going with. So see how you go and how the dealer goes. BMW may deny it like everything else.
Just got back from the dealer, the opened a w/o with pictures. Waiting on the ok to order it. So far my dealer as taken good care of my bike.
Hope it works out.
Does anyone know if the new wheels are a revised version and stronger?

·
Registered
90 Posts
In a facebook group (BMW S1000RR Performance and tech) there was a discussion about the CF wheels. According to a guy the OEM wheels somewhat changed design as it was revised. I remember reading that the newer wheels are somewhat heavier than the first version.
Some claims OEM wheels are made by Thyssenkrupp too.

I have - in theory - the revised front wheel since I got it back in May and so far it has been problem free.

·
Administrator
6,775 Posts
So my mate took his bike to the dealer to have the oil leaks looked at. They said they found nothing lol. He took it back after they had cleaned it etc and I said to him it will leak 100%. Few hours later its leaking. It looks like the sump plug which I said to him will be from the weep hole for the coolant/oil pump that lives inside the sump. Then the oil cooler is leaking from where it bolts onto the engine. It has a o-ring that seals it. Looks like it might be a oil cooler recall again. Someone else on here had the same issue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, that would have been an ideal configuration. But I am sure by now even bmw regrets the CF wheels.

I am not sure if it is an issue, but I noticed an occasional yank when switching from 3rd to 4th. Did anybody else encounter it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, that would have been an ideal configuration. But I am sure by now even bmw regrets the CF wheels.

I am not sure if it is an issue, but I noticed an occasional yank when switching from 3rd to 4th. Did anybody else encounter it?
Yes, I have it but rarely

·
Registered
78 Posts

Yeah I have had this happen 3-4 , though it was rarely . Seems like it only happened using the quick shifter without a lot of load/rpm .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to replace OEM handle grips with aftermarket DOMINO grips, on OEM clipons?
Left grip seems like coplicated/uniqe one…

·
Registered
90 Posts
My wheel thingy on the left handle bar became strange, when I try to move it downward it gets stuck and then the dash quits the menu I am in. Not always but it is difficult to use it now.
Wanted to mess around with the race pro modes on the track today but had to abandon the idea. No idea what happened. Going to my dealership tomorrow, it has been almost 2 weeks since the last time they saw me, I am sure I am missed by now. 😁
And my shark fin plastic broke but that was expected.
Trackdays make me love the bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wheel thingy on the left handle bar became strange, when I try to move it downward it gets stuck and then the dash quits the menu I am in. Not always but it is difficult to use it now.
Wanted to mess around with the race pro modes on the track today but had to abandon the idea. No idea what happened. Going to my dealership tomorrow, it has been almost 2 weeks since the last time they saw me, I am sure I am missed by now. 😁
And my shark fin plastic broke but that was expected.
Trackdays make me love the bike.
Besides your CF wheel, the wheel control on the handle bar and the shark fin, do you have more issue/broken parts currently with the bike?

461 - 480 of 485 Posts