BMW S1000RR Forum banner

441 - 460 of 485 Posts

·
4,669 Posts
It has been over a year, BMW really needs to get its act together. I'm so grateful I did not pull the trigger yet on RR. Sorry for those who have to deal with all of this drama on a $20k+ bike.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It has been over a year, BMW really needs to get its act together. I'm so grateful I did not pull the trigger yet on RR. Sorry for those who have to deal with all of this drama on a $20k+ bike.
I agree with your statement. Definitely luck of the draw. Some people have no no real big issues and some have what we all have been seeing. Lucky I havnt had any big issue with mine same with my buddy’s bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
I think there is enough positive that out weight the negative. As typical with any situation, the negative will always speak louder, and be heard longer.

Reactions: bnombe and Fbto

·
Registered
452 Posts
I love the way my bike rides, handles, and accelerates. I have just had a bunch of issues. Hopefully, once it is fixed I will be set. The only time I was really pissed is when it stranded me once and almost twice. Since then, all issues have been taken care of by the dealer. I have a 2019 Ducati 950 HM SP. That had some early issues too, however, is now a blast. That has been the bike I have been riding if the BMW is in the shop. My dealer is working hard to get this fixed.

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
I already dropped 1 second over the old bike! I had issues but all taken care of now. I had to change a fork leg, oil cooler, and a tune
I dropped 12 seconds at COTA from my K46 ( RCK3/ HP Power kit'ed ECU ) to the K67 ( EXWERKS ) ( 2:30 laptime ).. but, I did have alot more confidence in my riding since I lost my leg in 2014. The K67 is an awesome confidence inspiring machine if you can understand the mechanical grip and front end feel.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yep my mate has done 11,000kms on his M sport and it has leaking fork, fork clunk, rear shock leak, water pump/oil pump leak, clutch issues, already had front carbon wheel replaced, cold start, leaking calipers. Lol the thing has spent more time in the dealer than on the road. Not looking good.
Wow. How does he feel about the bike?

·
Administrator
6,775 Posts
Wow. How does he feel about the bike?
Like most people. He loves it when he's riding it. But that's the thing. You paid a lot of money to let it sit in the dealer or worse, break down when you are far from home. Its beyond a joke now. Jap stuff is out shining it in a big way even when BMW are ahead in the electronics department. I'm still a little off getting a new bike but I keep finding more reasons not to buy one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep my mate has done 11,000kms on his M sport and it has leaking fork, fork clunk, rear shock leak, water pump/oil pump leak, clutch issues, already had front carbon wheel replaced, cold start, leaking calipers. Lol the thing has spent more time in the dealer than on the road. Not looking good.
Is the dealership or BMW Australia taking good care of him and his bike? On top of having the bike broke down, it must suck to have to deal or fight with the dealership or BMW itself.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Like most people. He loves it when he's riding it. But that's the thing. You paid a lot of money to let it sit in the dealer or worse, break down when you are far from home. Its beyond a joke now. Jap stuff is out shining it in a big way even when BMW are ahead in the electronics department. I'm still a little off getting a new bike but I keep finding more reasons not to buy one.
Yeah. World class TC, ABS, etc but crappy bluetooth. I understand the flat spot, don't understand the cold start issue but the Bluetooth?!!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I could go back in time, I would not buy it and I actively tell people not to. Unless it would be 2nd or 3rd bike so there is something that works until this parody of german engineering is in the service, which is actually its natural habitat.

Since end of November my time with it was 2 weeks and roughly a month (during that month I also had to go back with the neutral problem but I was told that is okay... 😀 fukme i guess). Rest of the time it waited in the service and now I was just told to wait another month for a new CF wheel. I told the dealership that was not gonna work. Unless they come up with a solution this is the end of it for me.
The time I lost due of this pos not working can not be given back, not like bmw feels any obligation to at least compensate for it. Their customer service strategy is probably licensed from Heckler & Koch's trademarked "because you suck and we hate you" one. 😀

Now seeing that even the rear shock leaks (my front forks do leak but ofc I was told that is fine...) I am fairly convinced the bike is a bit of a scam. It is equipped with the cheapest parts possible (quality is clearly not maintained) and problems are only addressed on demand and in case of CF wheels they even try to weasel their way out of fixing it. Brakes, wheels, fairings, oil coolers, pumps, forks, shocks fail, cold start issues, etc. A Honda CBR650 is superior in terms of reliability and parts quality yet it is made in Thailand. :LOL: "gErMaN eNgInEeRiNg"
I am sure for a racing team it is not an issue but I did not prepare to have 20K ready to fix a 25K bike before it leaves the showroom. If I had known to expect that I would have not bought something with mountain bike brakes anyway. 😀

I will just trade it in for a CB500.

·
Registered
34 Posts
20200624_151141.jpg

Mine has been leaking oil for over a month, maybe more, first I thought it was coolant as the spill is very close to the breathing hoses down the radiator, so I cleaned the first time (before knowing about the oil/coolant pump issue). Today I went out and noticed the spill on the same spot as the first time, I touched it and it's very oily, I couldn't find where is the leak with the fairings in place. But it must be the same issue some of you have reported regarding the oil/coolant pump. It's 150 miles or so left for the first service, I will bring it to the dealer for that and for the leaking front calipers and now the oil spill. Hopefully my dealership will take care of my bike accordingly.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've documented my issues here with my 2020. They have been a major headache and ruined the initial honeymoon phase. I haven't seen the some of the issues that others are seeing (ie forks/shock leaking, other mechanical issues).

Having said that, I do not regret my purchase .I love this bike and look forward to many many more miles.

HAVING SAID THAT, my dealer must hate when they see my number pop up on the caller id.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found some cracks on my rear wheel last night while washing my bike. Hope they cover it under warranty and the remplacement wheels are stronger.

Sorry for the bad picture.
Sans titre by Fred, sur Flickr

441 - 460 of 485 Posts