BMW S1000RR Forum banner

421 - 440 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have already seen this update. The ISTA is a new series. I think it was 520 if I remember right. The update is in the ECU and the KOMBI and every other module too, GM, RDC, ABS. The update takes 2 hours. The ISTA software warns the tech that while the initial program calculation is 1 hour, it can take up to 2 hours. It took the whole 2 hours. You will know it is updated by the Vehicle information screen. The new graphic has the S1000RR with RR in the side panels. The detail in all other areas of the bike graphic are very well defined. My picture does not do it justice how pretty it is.

I updated a customer K67 since I like how my bike is today, and I dont want to upgrade my KOMBI.

They did not bring back the ABS PRO logo at key on either. I thought for sure BMW would like that there for advertisement and bring that back in a KOMBI update.

Any idea what exactly that update does?Am I missing anything by not having it updated rideablity wise? So far I’ve had zero issues with my bike but I assume similar to iPhones a software update can improve things you never even noticed. Just can’t decide if it’s worth having to reflash my bike or not...

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Adds the intake temperature selection is about all it seems to do.

If it is not broke and you can enjoy it like it is, dont fix it.

Reactions: bnombe

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is not my bike but I saw it on Facebook. Definitely the first time seeing something like this. I asked the guy if he shut it off and turned it back on if it went away and it has not. It will go away but after a mile comes right back on. Hoping the best for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
This error message will come on briefly when a coil is failing sometimes. The error can also be the shift cam missing a beat in processing.

This error message typically requires a scan with the GS911 and if the code is reset, then it might not come back if it was the shift cam. I have not seen this error, but someone called me just last week with this error and it was indicating shift cam solenoid. Resetting the code has resulted in trouble free miles so far, or at least they have not called again.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I seem to be the leader with discovering potential issues with the bike. I have managed to find yet another one. I had a minor oil leak at the drain plug that would not go away. Here is the message I just got from the dealer.

We did not find anything wrong with the oil pan or plug threads however we just received a notice from BMW that on the 2020 RR’s the oil/coolant pump is leaking from the weep hole which is located in the oil pan and when it weeps oil it runs along the bottom of the pan and drips off the oil drain plug. We had already replaced the oil pan since we had it but it will not fix the problem, the fix is a now oil/coolant pump. Not sure of the status yet of those parts, but of course we will have to take the oil pan back off. So frustrating.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...We did not find anything wrong with the oil pan or plug threads however we just received a notice from BMW that on the 2020 RR’s the oil/coolant pump is leaking from the weep hole which is located in the oil pan and when it weeps oil it runs along the bottom of the pan and drips off the oil drain plug. We had already replaced the oil pan since we had it but it will not fix the problem, the fix is a now oil/coolant pump. Not sure of the status yet of those parts, but of course we will have to take the oil pan back off. So frustrating.
Sorry to hear about that, did they tell you if this issue is present in all the oil/coolant pump of all the 2020 S1000RRs or just some cases? How miles has yours?

·
Vendor
2,632 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, did they tell you if this issue is present in all the oil/coolant pump of all the 2020 S1000RRs or just some cases? How miles has yours?
Cant be in all of them. There are 5 K67's here in DFW I ride with every weekend and none have this issue. I have 8500 miles on mine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine only has about 1800 miles. Why only 1800?? Two reasons, I have another bike, and 2nd this thing has been in the shop about 8 times. This is the last dance for BMW. Any other issues and I will force a buy back. I LOVE the way the bike handles and rides, however, I am tired of this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. My first bike was a KTM RC390 and was plagued with overheating issues and coolant consumption. It's not an expensive bike, but was brand new and the dealer mechanics couldn't find the issue, the bike stayed in their shop for at least a total of 3 months (in various periods of time) before they finally gave it back to me, and according to them the issue went away by 'itself'. I feel you, specially on a $20K+ bike.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
In one sense I'm glad it's not coming from the oil pan threads. I couldn't figure out how the threads would cause a leak. Glad BMW found out where its coming from but sorry it had to be your bike. Hopefully thats the end of all your issues.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I seem to be the leader with discovering potential issues with the bike. I have managed to find yet another one. I had a minor oil leak at the drain plug that would not go away. Here is the message I just got from the dealer.

We did not find anything wrong with the oil pan or plug threads however we just received a notice from BMW that on the 2020 RR’s the oil/coolant pump is leaking from the weep hole which is located in the oil pan and when it weeps oil it runs along the bottom of the pan and drips off the oil drain plug. We had already replaced the oil pan since we had it but it will not fix the problem, the fix is a now oil/coolant pump. Not sure of the status yet of those parts, but of course we will have to take the oil pan back off. So frustrating.
In one sense I'm glad it's not coming from the oil pan threads. I couldn't figure out how the threads would cause a leak. Glad BMW found out where its coming from but sorry it had to be your bike. Hopefully thats the end of all your issues.
Yup, here it is. I think mine's just coming from that oil line. Looks like a gasket problem.

·
Registered
452 Posts
According to my dealer, there is a bulletin out on the weep hole for the pump that is causing my issue. Dealer told me there is a stop sale order on any bikes that have not had the issue corrected. Guess what is likely coming guys . . . . .another recall.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
According to my dealer, there is a bulletin out on the weep hole for the pump that is causing my issue. Dealer told me there is a stop sale order on any bikes that have not had the issue corrected. Guess what is likely coming guys . . . . .another recall.
Do you happen to know if they think it's just an O-ring problem, or something worse?

421 - 440 of 485 Posts