BMW S1000RR Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Took a while to read most of the posts..
I have signed up at 2 different stealerships for the M version. But the more I read about the 1st gen issues the more I'm dissuaded to get one. I had a HP4 and it was flawless.

Can someone make up my mind for me please, should I skip this gen until a revised version is released? lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ha it has a small pond of brake fluid into that wheel I am certain it is well corroded. Mine with some drops that split around shows how the fluid penetrates the coating.

Calipers and wheel on order probably end of March.

But brakes work well as long as you make sure they clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
Took a while to read most of the posts..
I have signed up at 2 different stealerships for the M version. But the more I read about the 1st gen issues the more I'm dissuaded to get one. I had a HP4 and it was flawless.

Can someone make up my mind for me please, should I skip this gen until a revised version is released? lol
I got new calipers installed and the oil restrictor thing which they can do before you pick the bike up. Now it works as advertised

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got new calipers installed and the oil restrictor thing which they can do before you pick the bike up. Now it works as advertised
can you please elaborate (or link to reference) about the “oil restrictor thing”? I’d like to ask my dealer about it before I take delivery of mine (March build so won’t be any time soon). Thanks.

from using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was about to make a new thread about it. Found it out here:

I was hoping for a recall on the brake calipers to be honest.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Was about to make a new thread about it. Found it out here:

I was hoping for a recall on the brake calipers to be honest.
Yes - that seems like a more common and serious problem.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
This isn't a big deal to me except that the software fix will likely overwrite my Brentune.

@BRENTUNING : Do you know anything about this?
You may have missed Alexanderss comment about the calipers because the quote was collapsed. That's what I was responding to.

Agree that brake lights flashing is not a big deal (and maybe better depending on whether they stay lit when done flashing).

·
Vendor
2,309 Posts
I have already seen this update. The ISTA is a new series. I think it was 520 if I remember right. The update is in the ECU and the KOMBI and every other module too, GM, RDC, ABS. The update takes 2 hours. The ISTA software warns the tech that while the initial program calculation is 1 hour, it can take up to 2 hours. It took the whole 2 hours. You will know it is updated by the Vehicle information screen. The new graphic has the S1000RR with RR in the side panels. The detail in all other areas of the bike graphic are very well defined. My picture does not do it justice how pretty it is.

I updated a customer K67 since I like how my bike is today, and I dont want to upgrade my KOMBI.

They did not bring back the ABS PRO logo at key on either. I thought for sure BMW would like that there for advertisement and bring that back in a KOMBI update.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have already seen this update. The ISTA is a new series. I think it was 520 if I remember right. The update is in the ECU and the KOMBI and every other module too, GM, RDC, ABS. The update takes 2 hours. The ISTA software warns the tech that while the initial program calculation is 1 hour, it can take up to 2 hours. It took the whole 2 hours. You will know it is updated by the Vehicle information screen. The new graphic has the S1000RR with RR in the side panels. The detail in all other areas of the bike graphic are very well defined. My picture does not do it justice how pretty it is.

I updated a customer K67 since I like how my bike is today, and I dont want to upgrade my KOMBI.

They did not bring back the ABS PRO logo at key on either. I thought for sure BMW would like that there for advertisement and bring that back in a KOMBI update.

Has the customer noticed any issues with the new update? Any compliments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,309 Posts
It has rained for the last 10 days here. I cant even remember the last day I rode it is so wet. However I did test the startup since BMW was trying to address that still, and it is not any better. This K67 is not the worse I seen, but it has some cold start issues with the stock code since new. XWORKS V1 does fix it however. He just wanted me to do the latest updates to see how that works out, and I wanted to copy the code out of the ECU anyway to look at.

341 - 355 of 355 Posts