BMW S1000RR Forum banner

321 - 340 of 376 Posts

·
Vendor
2,469 Posts
That video was painful to watch and listen to. I have no clue what the guy is referring to that there are engine cases cracking. The 2020 was released to get the bike into WSBK as quickly as possible, not compete in sales against the V4 Duc.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think the cracked crankcase issue mentioned is bogus. I haven't heard of it and certainly would have were it a common problem. Has it happened to someone? Maybe, but almost everything has happened to someone.

The mis-drilled hole was an early production problem that's been fixed almost a year and didn't affect US models except for the delay.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This video is what you call clickbait.
TBH this bikes hasn't been that bad for a modern first-year new model. Pretty much all new models go through something. I'm still trying to work out what's up with the oil cooler recall as mine was extraordinarily well attached.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Went to fuel up my tank, as I slide the pump into the tank the lid clicked back further and two small plastic pieces broke off. Luckily they landed on red inner edge when I went to go close the lid. Watch out for it as it could could fall in in the tank.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Went to fuel up my tank, as I slide the pump into the tank the lid clicked back further and two small plastic pieces broke off. Luckily they landed on red inner edge when I went to go close the lid. Watch out for it as it could could fall in in the tank. View attachment 209482
wow. Pretty sure the fuel pump has a sock filter but that's too bad that your cap broke. Hope they replace it asap for you.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I heard that before. Buddy of mine broke his off when he was taking nozzle out. It was replaced under warranty tho. I didn't think it would be but they replaced for him. I ordered CNC fuel cap.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Went to fuel up my tank, as I slide the pump into the tank the lid clicked back further and two small plastic pieces broke off. Luckily they landed on red inner edge when I went to go close the lid. Watch out for it as it could could fall in in the tank. View attachment 209482
Ha! I think this is about the only part held over from the previous generation.

I'm sure BMW will fix this under warranty.

·
Vendor
2,469 Posts
There are 2 compositions of the exact same design fuel cap assembly. All plastic cap and bezel, and then an all cast aluminum cap and bezel design. Guess where some weight saving was for the K67. Plastic version.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
There are 2 compositions of the exact same design fuel cap assembly. All plastic cap and bezel, and then an all cast aluminum cap and bezel design. Guess where some weight saving was for the K67. Plastic version.
Not just the K67, my wife's R1250GS also has this plastic crap fuel cap, she was even shown when she picked the bike up how to route the gas hose to avoid breaking the cap off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Leaking Hayes Caliper !!

Was happy that my bike had no issues so far until I was working on it and saw some liquid on my Front Wheel... and I was .. Hang on.. that comes from my caliper !! :crying:

Bringing her tomorrow to my dealer .
Same here. Spotted at the dealer. I haven’t even taken the bike home yet :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Add me to the list of leaky callipers. Both fronts leaking at the dealer before I could even take it home. 2 new callipers ordered AND a front carbon wheel because brake fluid destroys finish.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Supposedly I’ve heard that the seals aren’t seating all the way and that’s why they leak. Hard breaking should seat it. But regardless they shouldn’t have a brand new bike siting at the dealership with anything leaking period. Still blows my mind there is bikes at dealerships with leaking calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 376 Posts