BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to test the navigation today. I set up via the app and all seemed fine but the first prompt on the display said to turn left on Hana St 200 ft. I made the turn and nothing ever changed. It said that the whole way home, never changed.

Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Had this issue. It froze on me and i would retart and same thing happened. Time passed and i decided to try my navi again and it was back to normal.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
I attempted to test the navigation today. I set up via the app and all seemed fine but the first prompt on the display said to turn left on Hana St 200 ft. I made the turn and nothing ever changed. It said that the whole way home, never changed.

Most likely your issues can be resolved with this update to KOMBI ( cluster )

·
Registered
392 Posts

Nav depends upon your phone and its Bluetooth connection. Given that you have an iPhone and the known issue there, I suspect it is cutting out. As BMW_388 says, the fix appears to be in the latest update to the Kombi (TFT dash). See your dealer.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Does anyone know what version 21_004_040 has over version 001_119_170?

Trying to figure out it it's worth the time to ask my dealer to update for me.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Does anyone know what version 21_004_040 has over version 001_119_170?

Trying to figure out it it's worth the time to ask my dealer to update for me.

Most of the details have been posted in various threads.

The bluetooth has some enhancements but of course the full details are not disclosed in the BMW release notes.

The intake temp is added to the top viewing area upon selection

The cold start issue is going to be less noticeable as the temps come up across the USA. The cold start issue does not occur below 70 degrees ambient temps.

It looks like the DTC calibration is better in the cluster. Mine does not come on near as much at 30 degree lean angles when I know there is no tire slip action going on.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Exactly the same here. TFT version is 001_119_170

Saw similar reports as feedback in Goole's Play store page of the BMW connected app. It is not the sound cutting off, it is navigation stuck at the initial step. If you right click the wheel you will hear the navigation instruction (of the first step). Also, if you have the speed limit displayed on the TFT, it will be correct to the initial position, but will never update as well.

I cannot get the app to record my rides, even after changing the setting to record any ride longer than 1 minute or 1 Km.

Wrote to the app vendor ([email protected]) over a week ago and got no response. Reminded them today

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Exactly the same here. TFT version is 001_119_170

Saw similar reports as feedback in Goole's Play store page of the BMW connected app. It is not the sound cutting off, it is navigation stuck at the initial step. If you right click the wheel you will hear the navigation instruction (of the first step). Also, if you have the speed limit displayed on the TFT, it will be correct to the initial position, but will never update as well.

I cannot get the app to record my rides, even after changing the setting to record any ride longer than 1 minute or 1 Km.

Wrote to the app vendor ([email protected]) over a week ago and got no response. Reminded them today
Do you keep gps on, on your phone and set it to allow the app to always use it? I had the same issue because I always block everything and dont give apps permissions. Once I allowed the app, it records every ride. You will also have to make sure your phone is paired to the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes gps is always allowed. There was an iOS update today so I hoping maybe that will fix it but I doubt it since other people are have having similar issues. They are going to scan the bike Tuesday to see if it will take an update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Figured it out... The location was accessible to the application, however the phone storage was not :) Once I added that permission - things finally started to work. I understand why the ride recording cannot work without access to the storage. Not sure why navigation would need that.

I never owned an iPhone so I cannot say if the same will resolve the issues with that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I uninstalled then reinstalled the app on my phone last night. Hopefully the weather will be nice today so I can go test it out. I've had other issues in the past resolved by this method. Just have to ride and see what happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also just updated my Cardo. I took an update so later the weather looks good so I will take a ride and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts