BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
So went to the shop today and the service manager said that the person that he initially spoke with wasn't familiar with the puma, but they cleared it up. My clutch is warped and steels are burnted out. Apparently some models the clutch is being starved for oil because of the clutch redesign. So BMW is going to cover the the new clutch pack version and oil regulator to retrofit under the stated puma. hopefully they have the parts soon and then that should be it.
That's more like it. Too bad they didn't do this the first time around.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Pretty much, my bike has June 12 build date.

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Is it an on demand fix (meaning I have to ask for it) or they fix it based on VIN number?
You need to ask for it. It is installed from factory on the later production models as stated in the thread. But you need to ask the dealer to fit it and complain that your clutch is very inconsistent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was manufactured on 10/19 and neutral is a pita to find. I miss it regularly. I have less than 200 miles on it so I am hopeful that it gets better. I am more worried about the harsh downshifting without using the clutch. Up Shift is butter smooth but downshifting feels like im driving a tank!

·
Super Moderator
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Mine was manufactured on 10/19 and neutral is a pita to find. I miss it regularly. I have less than 200 miles on it so I am hopeful that it gets better. I am more worried about the harsh downshifting without using the clutch. Up Shift is butter smooth but downshifting feels like im driving a tank!
Are you off the throttle when down shifting? How fast are you riding when this happens?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Downshift assist does not work if the throttle blip exceeds the redline. And until the first service the redline is limited to 9K RPM that is really easy to reach.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you off the throttle when down shifting? How fast are you riding when this happens?
yes I am off the throttle when downshifting.. and I am normally only doing between 30 and 60 miles an hour. A few times I pressed down hard enough that I couldn't believe it didn't budge.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts