BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Vendor
2,502 Posts
there has been a PUMA released on this for some time. Here is a posting of it and the associated part numbers.

·
Vendor
2,502 Posts
The important part to this is the ATTENTION alert.

Get the clutch cover extremely centered. It is on dowel pins, but even doweled pinning a cover can create some slight alignment issues.

I have already been into my clutches checking for wear. What I found is that if you install the cover back on with all the screws slightly loose, PULL in the clutch lever, this will center up the clutch cover to the center pull release pin shaft. Then I torqued the clutch cover down. Then pull/release the lever and feel how smooth it is.

·
Administrator
6,624 Posts
This sounds very similar to the issue they had with the K1300, too much oil to the clutch plates creates excessive drag. Wow, new plates for everyone! Add the new oil cooler, new front calipers, new carbon wheels, new front forks, they must be losing money on every bike at this point.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
My bike is in the shop now for a misfiring issue that has the cat glowing, the oil cooler issue, now I can add this to the list and maybe for 2020, I have a bike that operates properly!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I got a call today and they said the issue with my difficult neutral is because my clutches are warped and BMW denied the claim. "I said how the hell am I going to warp clutches on a bike with 1100 miles? There is even a PUMA on this. That is the only reason I'm complaining. I thought it was me. I never had a clutch issue on my 2013, but I'm having, multiple on the 2020." The folks at Bob's BMW are good people and I know that they will try to set me right but BMWAG is tripping. This bike has had a lot of problems and I'm pissed that they would say "customer pay" for something I KNOW I didn't do. Don't include launch control if it can warp clutches. Increase your quality control on new products... Man... the management must have changed because this is a real crap show.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You may want to check the leaking brake calipers topic mate. The crap show has been ongoing for some time.
My theory is that the a-holes at the HQ got greedy when they saw the demand skyrocketing and decided to lessen quality control to boost production volume.
There are not enough posts about the issues on social media to really make bmw give a f.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
You may want to check the leaking brake calipers topic mate. The crap show has been ongoing for some time.
My theory is that the a-holes at the HQ got greedy when they saw the demand skyrocketing and decided to lessen quality control to boost production volume.
There are not enough posts about the issues on social media to really make bmw give a f.
It's really unfortunate... I'm beyond disappointed.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I got a call today and they said the issue with my difficult neutral is because my clutches are warped and BMW denied the claim. "I said how the hell am I going to warp clutches on a bike with 1100 miles? There is even a PUMA on this. That is the only reason I'm complaining. I thought it was me. I never had a clutch issue on my 2013, but I'm having, multiple on the 2020." The folks at Bob's BMW are good people and I know that they will try to set me right but BMWAG is tripping. This bike has had a lot of problems and I'm pissed that they would say "customer pay" for something I KNOW I didn't do. Don't include launch control if it can warp clutches. Increase your quality control on new products... Man... the management must have changed because this is a real crap show.
Wow. Can you appeal the claim? I hope the dealer does right by you.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Well, the service manager that called me said he's gonna get back on the phone with BMW and try to get a better outcome... Wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If the dealer is on your side I can't see why BMW wouldn't cover it. At my job I'm a master service tech and If I tell a manufacturer that something should be warrantied, they cover it. Many times If I feel the issue is not a manufacturers defect i will let them know so that a case number can be issued and if the customer decides to go somewhere else for warranty on the same issue the manufacturer will see my notes and call me if needed.

I feel your dealer should be the one to tell BMW something was defective. Now, from what I understand BMW is able to see if you did standing burnouts and who knows what else. With that said, If you didn't abuse the bike I can't see how you could warp the clutch.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Exactly. The bike had less than 1300 miles on it. Got it in July, took it for 600 mile service then took it in again in November for this recall and glowing cat. I'm giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt. But I definitely will be loosing my stack of they try pin this ish on me.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
So you had a glowing cat.... I wonder if the bike recorded any over heating faults.
Nope.... Nothing that came up on the ga911 and they said there wasn't any faults.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
So went to the shop today and the service manager said that the person that he initially spoke with wasn't familiar with the puma, but they cleared it up. My clutch is warped and steels are burnted out. Apparently some models the clutch is being starved for oil because of the clutch redesign. So BMW is going to cover the the new clutch pack version and oil regulator to retrofit under the stated puma. hopefully they have the parts soon and then that should be it.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts