BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t seen anyone post about that model, is it a worthy purchase or not? Differences that I see are the wheels, seat and team bodywork, correct?

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
I haven’t seen anyone post about that model, is it a worthy purchase or not? Differences that I see are the wheels, seat and team bodywork, correct?
If you dont get the track version you miss out on the Race Pro modes 1 2 3, then the forged wheels.. Those would need to be a must if I was going to get the Red 2020.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I rode a full base model. Red with standard wheels, no ddc, no heated grips, no ride modes pro, no cruise. Just quick shift. Felt like I was on a Honda :(
Did said Honda have a softer seat than M version? M seat is great on track but 4 hours down the road....little bit hard

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you dont get the track version you miss out on the Race Pro modes 1 2 3, then the forged wheels.. Those would need to be a must if I was going to get the Red 2020.
I agree. You get to adjust the throttle, engine brake, wheelie, and other things with the racepro modes. Even if you dont track, its pretty cool to have that adjustability.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Just as hard. Looks like seat upgrades are a must on the new bike. For anyone doing high miles.
Sounds like this ride back to Los Angeles from Vegas tomorrow is going to be trying on my a$$. M seat, not regular. Besides the butt suffering though it should be fun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've done 600km + in a day and the seat is fine when you're moving or actively riding , however on the freeway its where it hurts... no more than any other seat sitting still on a freeway imho.

I think the So called"race " model in australia is best value.

mid range it has all the DDC cruise, grips , plus forged wheels.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just as hard. Looks like seat upgrades are a must on the new bike. For anyone doing high miles.
I'm almost at 4000 miles and while the seat was the first thing I said had to go the first week, it's the last thing I think about replacing now even after a full day on it (350+ miles). The other guy I've been riding with agreed, it does sort of break in after a while and isn't nearly as bad as it is initially.

·
Vendor
2,078 Posts
For those that want to replace the DDC with Ohlins or KTech on the 20 which you got the only available optioned out ///M bike in the USA was with DDC, I can now delete DDC, apply the 2nd and 3rd gear fix, full exhaust support. There is your normal race track ready 2020 now.

You can get that in your ECU, or, I have ECU's in stock for the 2020 which I can clone your EWS coding and you have a A option ECU, and a B option ECU.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Sounds like this ride back to Los Angeles from Vegas tomorrow is going to be trying on my a$$. M seat, not regular. Besides the butt suffering though it should be fun.
It shouldn't be that bad. I went 2 and 3/4s hours before needing to stretch. A 10 minute gas stop was all that was needed to refresh for the next leg. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
It shouldn't be that bad. I went 2 and 3/4s hours before needing to stretch. A 10 minute gas stop was all that was needed to refresh for the next leg. :smile2:
Was it strictly freeway riding?

My butt is so sore haha. Granted I have a boney a$$ but man, I am tender! Just got in from Vegas, 300mi highway riding, no twisties so no moving around. I also hovered between 90-110 so staying in a semi-tucked position probably didn't help my cause.

Like others have said it likely won't be an issue on rides where you're actively moving around through corners (or at least that's what I'm hoping). Long highway riding: not as fun. I'm also hoping the seat will break-in a little like @PaniDropper mentioned

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Was it strictly freeway riding?

My butt is so sore haha. Granted I have a boney a$$ but man, I am tender! Just got in from Vegas, 300mi highway riding, no twisties so no moving around. I also hovered between 90-110 so staying in a semi-tucked position probably didn't help my cause.

Like others have said it likely won't be an issue on rides where you're actively moving around through corners (or at least that's what I'm hoping). Long highway riding: not as fun. I'm also hoping the seat will break-in a little like @PaniDropper mentioned
No. A combo of goaty roads (CA twisties) and freeway. By comparison in ergonomics, on my '15, I was dying inside of an hour. Butt, wrists and hands. I like the 2020 so much better for long rides. It may just be the fossil in me. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
No. A combo of goaty roads (CA twisties) and freeway. By comparison in ergonomics, on my '15, I was dying inside of an hour. Butt, wrists and hands. I like the 2020 so much better for long rides. It may just be the fossil in me. :laugh:
Agreed, the ergonomics on the 20 are great. I didn't get sore wrists once on that whole ride. Even my back was fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts