BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am debating on purchasing S1000xR now or wait till next year, any thoughts / info if BMW will be releasing updated version for S1000xR and S1000R, when does BMW usually release next year bikes? is it mid year end of year, please share your thoughts i have big plans on customizing my future XR don't want to start on older model :/ cheers :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How likely you think BMW will update Xr? looking at RR it had been produced since 2009, does it mean they will update xr and r in 2024 and 2025 lol

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Sort of Spy Report follows:

Like you, I was leaning forward toward possibly buying a 2020 XR and wanted to see if there was anything out on 2021 XR's. When I Googled "2021 S1000XR", I found a CycleTrader listing by Charlotte BMW (Greg North) for a "2021 BMW S1000 XR Motorsport Low Suspension". I contacted him; he confirmed it was a 2021 they had on order; I went there to ride a 2020 XR demo (my first chance to do that); and then I bought it (the 2021 XR they had on order); it will not arrive until mid to late September and I had to buy it sight unseen because BMW is still embargoing the photographs. During our discussion, he was able to lookup that there are 21 2021 XR's on order so far (he was checking to see if any of them had the combination of options that my bike has; he said none of them do).

So, here's the 2021 BMW S1000 XR Motorsport Low Suspension I've bought (VIN redacted)

2021 S1000XR Motorsport Design Description.jpg
:

P.S. Before I posted this, I repeated the same search on CycleTrader and found two identical listings for 2021 XR's like mine; I don't know if they're duplicate ads for my bike or if there is a second bike like mine. Almost as interesting, there was another listing for a "2021 BMW S 1000 R San Marino Blue Metalic" (Note: that's an "R", not an "XR".)

End of Sort of Spy Report.

·
8,418 Posts
@JerryG did you pay MSRP for it?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I started a new conversation with the pics and BMW's announcement at:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts