BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brentuning just posted the 2020 ///M & Stage one flash black Friday special! Also anyone here know what battery tender I should use over winter 🤣🤷‍♂️?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brentuning just posted the 2020 ///M & Stage one flash black Friday special! Also anyone here know what battery tender I should use over winter 🤣🤷‍♂️?
Optimate Lithium Battery Tender if you have the lithium battery. Around $50-60 on amazon
Ok great! Thankyou, I have the k67 so I want to insure I'm using the right tender.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok anyone with stage 1 able to help me out here, or have answers? I've emailed Chris, it's Saturday so won't get a reply until Monday I'm sure.

So I have a buddy with 2020 K67 and he ordered the stage 1 tune/flash with hand held and Sprint racing Air Filter F-185 . It was dyno in STOCK FORM(OEM exhaust system,filter). The bike stayed on same dyno(still strapped in), full Akrapovic titanium system was installed with air filer. Brentuning stage 1 was installed along with MR12 tune. Has the very same numbers only thing that changed was the fuel mixture. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it even and issue? Maybe I've done something wrong(I followed the directions step for step)? Maybe he sent the wrong file( instead of stage 1, it was the ///M flash)? I was understanding a full system with stage one would give SOMETHING in numbers. It did get the "flat spot" fixed, but over all HP didn't see gains. We ran my buddies bike in 4-6 gear and the graphic is the same as stock(except like I said, flat spot is gone and fuel mixture is a little better)

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To make it more clear, sorry. When I say the numbers are exactly the same I'm referring to, OEM AIR FILTER/EXHAUST HP NUMBERS and the tune on pump 93 with FULL SYSTEM AND SPRINT AIR FILTER

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My buddy got 196rwhp(stock filter, stock exhaust), after everything(full Akrapovic, Sprint
air filter) the highest he could get was 197rwhp. No change in overall power, all runs pretty close if not dead on the stock numbers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am surprised that it seems there are no performance gains in exhaust and filter alone. I would have thought the wide band A/F sensors would have been able to adjust and capitalize on after market exhaust and filter

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am surprised that it seems there are no performance gains in exhaust and filter alone. I would have thought the wide band A/F sensors would have been able to adjust and capitalize on after market exhaust and filter
It fixed the flat spot from 6k-9k RPM so that's a plus. Maybe we need more airflow? But what I can't wrap my head around is YES AIR IS MAJORLY IMPORTANT but with that said if we ran it on dyno without adequate air flow in stock form with 195-196 HP doing the same thing after tune/flash F185 air filter we should get more power regardless I'd think. Now would this get me the "best numbers"? NO! Although I'd think it should change, I'm no expert. Chris had emailed me back with some requests, in a few hours I'll be available to head to the shop and try and get it all sent. An guess we'll go from there, I pray I've done something wrong because if not I'll be kicking myself haha.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have never heard of zero power gains after header and air filter. BMW has done an amazing job if that is true. The small gains from stage 1 I imagine come from ignition timing and fuel maps

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@BMW_388 to give you a little more insight. I went to settings turned off ABS. Put it in Race Mode 3, where I made EVERYTHING Wide open as possible. No willie control on etc. Turned the TC on the dash to -7(lowest possible) I did this before stock run and didn't change anything after uploading Brentuning 93 pump and MR12 tunes/flash.

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dynos are weird things and shouldn't be compared to each other. You're looking for gains over standard regardless of where it started on the same dyno.

For example, my 2020 started at 187hp at the wheels and now has 194hp after a tune and no other mods.

187hp * 0.1 = 18.7hp

(*0.1) being 10% approx transmission loss.

187+18.7 = 205.7 Crank HP (which is what BMW claims)

194hp * 0.1 = 19.4hp

(*0.1) being 10% approx transmission loss.

194+19.4 = 213.4 Crank TUNED HP

And this is in CA, USA with Garbage 91 Oct Fuel and a conservative tune.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My buddy got 196rwhp(stock filter, stock exhaust), after everything(full Akrapovic, Sprint
air filter) the highest he could get was 197rwhp. No change in overall power, all runs pretty close if not dead on the stock numbers.
I didn’t gain much peak, I did pick up 10 in the middle or so.. which was a pretty significant jump.. here’s the sheet from bone stock to just the exhaust

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Guys, I have better things to do on a Tuesday afternoon than to delete all these posts. BMW_388 will be banned if you guys encourage him into a discussion like this again. He cannot post in an active manner like this about his product because he is not a vendor. Be kind, use the PM function. Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.