BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah I wonder what that means for people who have their bikes in the warehouse on hold? They are saying the recall is to start on the 27th does that mean sales will start up that day too?
There seem to be three constituencies for the new batch of oil coolers. If I had to guess the priority, it would be:

1. Those waiting for delivery in warehouses
  2. Those in the factory awaiting completion
  3. Recall replacements for existing owners
If BMW feels there is real legal liability, then they would push #3 up. I haven't heard from my dealer on the recall part availability, so my guess is that the risks are small in their eyes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bikes are being delivered to dealers however such bikes come with the old oil cooler. Dealers can’t deliver these until the replacement oil cooler arrives.

This is in Germany for around six cases so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
August 16th. The dealership had already gotten the allocation and speced the bike out though- so I didn't order it directly.

Just got off the phone with my dealer here in Ohio- my bike has finally been marked as shipped. Its really happenin y'all!! :')

When was your deposit put down if you don’t mind me asking

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone getting any information from their dealers about their bikes if they are being shipped. I was told they normally get a carrier information on the bikes and eta but it seems like my bike has no Information except the fact that it is in transit. Although it has been in transit for 2 months now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
My guess is that "in transit" may have meant in transit to the warehouse- where the bikes would've been kept as they waited for the new oiler coolers to come in. "In transit to warehouse" and "shipped"-meaning the bike is floating- are two different codes in BMWs system from what I understand. Mine was in that warehouse phase for about two months as well.

Anyone getting any information from their dealers about their bikes if they are being shipped. I was told they normally get a carrier information on the bikes and eta but it seems like my bike has no Information except the fact that it is in transit. Although it has been in transit for 2 months now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
My guess is that "in transit" may have meant in transit to the warehouse- where the bikes would've been kept as they waited for the new oiler coolers to come in. "In transit to warehouse" and "shipped"-meaning the bike is floating- are two different codes in BMWs system from what I understand. Mine was in that warehouse phase for about two months as well.
Yes there are different codes in relation to status. When the bikes are waiting for oil coolers they are sitting in your national warehouse wherever that may be.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My dealer is getting his bikes de blocked so definitely production is on again

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just received an email from Cross Country BMW and they have a 2020 select package s1000rr forsale. The email mentions that they wont receive anymore until spring time.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just received an email from Cross Country BMW and they have a 2020 select package s1000rr forsale. The email mentions that they wont receive anymore until spring time.
My dealer only ordered M Sport models for the first dozen units or so. I imagine the margins are much higher on it. I haven't seen any of the red ones in the wild yet.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts