BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed tire brands and would like to make some rear ride height changes with the adjustable rear linkage. Anyone know how far to turn the adjuster screw/nut per 1mm of increase/decrease. The manual states total adjustable range and Oem setting position, but nothing in regards adjustment increments. Obviously I could remove the linkage (likely a big pain in the ass) and measure eyelet to eyelet to figure it out the hard way.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I've not tried but can't you use a fixed point on the frame or bodywork to measure the change in rear height as you turn the adjuster, like when you measure sag/adjust preload? Maybe not as precise as you'd like? (Or I may be entirely misunderstanding.)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
If you want an excuse to buy an expensive tool that you'll rarely use, maybe this would help:

Or maybe something like this:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently changed tire brands and would like to make some rear ride height changes with the adjustable rear linkage. Anyone know how far to turn the adjuster screw/nut per 1mm of increase/decrease. The manual states total adjustable range and Oem setting position, but nothing in regards adjustment increments. Obviously I could remove the linkage (likely a big pain in the ass) and measure eyelet to eyelet to figure it out the hard way.
Did you end up adjusting the height on your bike? How simple was it I also saw this in the manual and am very interested in bringing the rear down a bit since I am a very light and short rider.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's adjustable. And yes it's a geometry change. I stiffen up my forks a bunch at the track which made the bike feel like it was a chopper. Raising the rear helped

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In case anyone was wondering I was able to determine the adjustment range of the rear ride height adjuster. 1st, their is a 'L' shaped tool in the tool kit you can use to insert into the adjuster holes and turn it. 2nd turning the adjuster roughly 1 - 2 'face surfaces' is equal to about 1 mm of increase / decrease at the linkage. It looks like you'll max out (5mm adjustment) before completely 1 full rotation of the adjustment nut. Which is good news since you can only really turn the nut in tiny increments do to limited access.

This results in about 2mm of ride height at the seat. Since the linkage has an adjustment range of 5mm max it translate to roughly 10mm of adjust at the rider seat.

·
Registered
375 Posts
1/2 a turn on the ride height adjuster is approx 4mm ride height at the rear seat from my measurement. Seems to be similar to what you got?
In the manual I believe that the numbers indicate the max in extension of the adjuster screw, rather than the change in height at the seat, so you can still go a long way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1/2 a turn on the ride height adjuster is approx 4mm ride height at the rear seat from my measurement. Seems to be similar to what you got?
In the manual I believe that the numbers indicate the max in extension of the adjuster screw, rather than the change in height at the seat, so you can still go a long way.
Yes you are correct. Manual gives values for linkage either in total length from eyelet to eyelet (removed from bike) or length of adjust nut gap in mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts