BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
You will not be able to remove the ABS module from the K67. It holds part of the programming for RACE PRO modes.

The only way to really setup the K67 for pure racing is to buy the WSBK FIM Pro RCK setup at about $8000 USD and this will delete all the items and put the bike in the lightest configuration you could possible want from a hardware standpoint.

DDC - Delete
ABS - Delete
Cruise control - Delete
Heated Grips - Delete

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will not be able to remove the ABS module from the K67. It holds part of the programming for RACE PRO modes.

The only way to really setup the K67 for pure racing is to buy the WSBK FIM Pro RCK setup at about $8000 USD and this will delete all the items and put the bike in the lightest configuration you could possible want from a hardware standpoint.

DDC - Delete
ABS - Delete
Cruise control - Delete
Heated Grips - Delete
What about leaving ABS module on the bike, but just block off the 4 holes and put straight to cylinder breaking lines ?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HM racing who runs a guy in superstock BSB told me that Gen4 ABS is totally different to Gen3 and they have removed it. With Gen3 you could easily tune it to not intervene much, but it's impossible with Gen4.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am going to try mine on the track with ABS first before I do the delete. Intervening is not the problem. All the extra plumbing associated with ABS can make the brakes feel a little vague and/or squishy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gen4 ABS are just as good as the previous one, I think it's good. With just the right adjustments, you will almost never notice nothing even hard race pace.
Because it doesn't even activate with warmed up track tyres. But if you want to reduce weight and feel a tighter brake lever feeling that is its advantage. And of course if happen crashes then it's faster to fix it without abs.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can understand if your on the BSB grid but you'd have to be a real hero at a track day to have it intervene.
Braking hard from a back straight into a corner is not a rocket science and you dont have to run at BSB level to be able to do that, considering the tech allows it.

I'm not quite sure that such a comparison is valid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
unfortunately for me I have switched to M50 calipers that requires different banjo angles. I have ordered a set of Goodridge reusable banjos and hope I can cut off the stock banjos and replace with the new ones

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
I am going to try mine on the track with ABS first before I do the delete. Intervening is not the problem. All the extra plumbing associated with ABS can make the brakes feel a little vague and/or squishy
The brake lines on the S1KRR are a combination of metal line and SS braided. These are the best you can use, and they are made by GoodRidge on the K67. Its stamped right on the lines.

The banjos can be made to work with M4 / M50 / GP4. I have used them all on stock lines. Yes, you have to be creative and bent the metal part of the banjo very carefully, but it is not that much they need to bend. If you happen to crease or break the end, now it is time to think of replacement in some manner. I bend my K46 front line banjos 2 directions trying so many calipers.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I run a Magura HC1 master cylinder. It's specifically designed to not have the ABS pumping sensation. Works a treat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts