BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki updated ECU hardware on 2020+ GSXRs that helped with different areas. Just got my bike tuned, pump gas (91oct 3 months old dealership gas). Bike broken in on dyno with 120 miles on it. Spark TI full system, MWR stacks/wsbk air filter. On the same dyno 2021 K67 flashed, sprint race filter, full akra made 202hp, 86 ftlb torque.

Below is my GSXR's, don't have S1k printout as it's not mine.

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GSXR's DNA is in the S1000RR though. Gotta live with that lol.

Reactions: Xtremsiege2

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The GSXR's DNA is in the S1000RR though. Gotta live with that lol.
True, that was the original benchmark. One day, if I could afford to just "collect" bikes, I'd get an '86 and '01 Gixxer like I used to have (bought both new back in the day). Both were the most groundbreaking bikes of their time, and permanently set the path forward for all the open-class sportbikes of today. The 'RR's just took it a little step further and added some cool creature comforts (real cruise control and heated grips on a sportbike).

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
True, that was the original benchmark. One day, if I could afford to just "collect" bikes, I'd get an '86 and '01 Gixxer like I used to have (bought both new back in the day). Both were the most groundbreaking bikes of their time, and permanently set the path forward for all the open-class sportbikes of today. The 'RR's just took it a little step further and added some cool creature comforts (real cruise control and heated grips on a sportbike).
I had the 02 red/black 1000

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Baron Samedi Now I ride a 19 MT10 on the street. Mainly for 2up rides.
Waiting for the dust to settle with recalls & reliability to get K67 for the street. Probably after July when 2022s come out.

Reactions: Baron Samedi

·
Registered
322 Posts
Why are you posting this in the S1000RR section? Belongs in general motorcycle discussions

Numbers are good, but 650ib got 212 rwhp out of an S1000RR with similar mods. The S1000RR is still the king of liters

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Numbers are good, but 650ib got 212 rwhp out of an S1000RR with similar mods. The S1000RR is still the king of liters
lol do you realize 212rwhp is with MR12? S1k made 201 on pump fuel and less torque than GSXR.
My bike would do 210rwhp with MR12. But I prefer to stick to pump fuel for longevity and MR12 hassles. Super happy with 200rwhp on 91 pump gas that was in the tank from the dealership. I use 93 ethanol free on track but did not wanna deal with emptying gas tank.

S1k king of street liters, yes. King of track liters, nope! You may wanna check what bikes are winning championships in AMA superstock, BSB, WSBK, etc... hopefully the K66 will change that.

ZX and other bikes performance get discussed on here. Mods can move the thread if they see the need.

·
Registered
692 Posts
212=MR12
The Suzuki actually was one bike I was interested in. But it just had outdated looking style(IMO) and didnt have all the things the BMW has. The BMW was the best choice for an all around bike for me,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lol when the hell did you get a Zuk? I remember when you went from a S1kRR to the R1.

Im not sure why people are up in arms about this thread. After all the S1kRR is just a German Gixxer lol.

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@SpikeRR R1 engine blew up. Had a track R6 for 1.5 seasons. Now went to a GSXR for the track as R6's ergos were not good for me, but it has been my favorite bike.

People mad in this thread because GSXR comes with dildo power & Brembo calipers that don't leak lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gixer fixer doesn’t have as much to do with the initial design of the S1K as some like to think, Internet has keeped this crap alive to help Suzuki out not Bmw. Only gixer owners love this story to death! Bmw did look at it and evaluated it’s design as they did all super bikes in production at the time, very smart thing to do since they wanted to make a better bike than the competition and they achieved that rather easily. Gixer and bmw totally different bikes LOL. Do you know any Gixer parts that fit on a S1K or vise versa!,?.. Nah I thought not!, then it’s not the same F-ing bike. Different engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and chassis and every other part on the bike. LOL.

·
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@S1KRRRR they are different bikes with similar design. GSXR was first to have VVT in a modern liter bike (17+ GSXR based on their motoGP engine). In K67 BMW introduced shiftcam.
Look at tank, chassis, swing arm, you will find many similarities. Even BMW said when they started S1k they used the Suz as the base (google is your friend). After owning other brands, I find K67 and GSXR to have best ergos for me. I settled on K67 for the street and GSXR for the track.

Reactions: S1KRRRR

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Gixer fixer doesn’t have as much to do with the initial design of the S1K as some like to think, Internet has keeped this crap alive to help Suzuki out not Bmw. Only gixer owners love this story to death! Bmw did look at it and evaluated it’s design as they did all super bikes in production at the time, very smart thing to do since they wanted to make a better bike than the competition and they achieved that rather easily. Gixer and bmw totally different bikes LOL. Do you know any Gixer parts that fit on a S1K or vise versa!,?.. Nah I thought not!, then it’s not the same F-ing bike. Different engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and chassis and every other part on the bike. LOL.
Tires fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts