BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I’m either retarded or can’t figure this out but I can’t get the OEM filter out due to the lack of clearance between the header and the oil cooler line.
Please help lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for future reference when ultimately someone else tries to change the oil yourself I had to undo the exhaust at the carbon fiber bracket and pull down slightly to create more clearance and she came right out.

·
Vendor
2,307 Posts
Turn it the other way (pull from exposed end) and eventually it will come out.
The K67 / 2020 oil filter goes out the right side instead of the left. The long filter requires you remove the oil cooler line off the engine and then it will come right out. Since the line is oring sealed, it is not a big deal to do this as long as you make sure you do not pinch the oring upon reinstallation of the line to the engine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turn it the other way (pull from exposed end) and eventually it will come out.
I tried that but it wouldn’t wiggle out.
Undoing the exhaust bracket and slightly pulling down is way less risky to me than undoing the oil cooler line from the bottom end but I definitely thought about it

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried that but it wouldn’t wiggle out.
Undoing the exhaust bracket and slightly pulling down is way less risky to me than undoing the oil cooler line from the bottom end but I definitely thought about it
Did you figure this out? What did you have to do? I’ll be getting a full akra exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
The oil filter is pretty malleable, see if you can get some wrenches and crush it a bit. I would then use a smaller filter and just increase the OCI

1 - 20 of 29 Posts