BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an Akrapovic Evolution Full System installed today on my S1000RR. Took a little video in the dark for you rascals.

Note that I didn't rev for tone, but instead for flames. I'll take a fly-by video in the next few days to showcase the tone of the exhaust. It sounds marvelous. I'm having the bike tuned in the next few days as well. Won't be riding it too hard until then as the AFR gets a little scary around 7k, but I'll get a little naughty in the fly-by vid.

I added some screenshots at the bottom for you all to gaze at as well.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Nice! I have the same system. Not installed yet. How are you getting it tuned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Please don't ride that thing near any brush...we've got enough wildfires around here already.

:surprise:
Haha staying clear of the bushes. This thing is dangerous :laugh:. Difficult to see from the angle of the video but this was shooting into the street.

Nice! I have the same system. Not installed yet. How are you getting it tuned?
You're going to enjoy it a lot!

I'm having BrenTuning flash it.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
You're going to enjoy it a lot!

I'm having BrenTuning flash it.
Isn't that doing things backwards? Flash first. Exhaust 2nd. My exhaust arrives Monday. Install maybe next Sat. Don't think I'll be shooting flames but ya never know. :smile2:

Edit: Thank god the original post wasn't about repainting the fairings with flames '60's style. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Isn't that doing things backwards? Flash first. Exhaust 2nd. My exhaust arrives Monday. Install maybe next Sat. Don't think I'll be shooting flames but ya never know. :smile2:

Edit: Thank god the original post wasn't about repainting the fairings with flames '60's style. :laugh:
Re edit: I'm having the flames painted on next Monday, standby for pics.

Re order of operations: Not if you want your tune to be optimized for a full system (and air filter) instead of being optimized for the stock exhaust :)

Enjoy your exhaust! You're going to love it. How're you liking your tune so far? I hear the bike is a beast without the throttle restrictions.

Can you stop by my house? The kids have some marshmallows, we want to make s'mores. I wonder if those sparks are tiny bits of exhaust valve?
On my way.

I, too, always wonder of what the sparks are comprised . . .

Fun video
Thanks!

Geez, bet the neighbors know your name...
Haha I would never do this near my house (or anyone else's for that matter). I rode out to a secluded road in the mountains to shoot this video.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts