Vendor
2,507 Posts
They didnt take a picture of me with the bike :(

Just the bike coming out of the crate.

·
Vendor
2,507 Posts
You're just too good looking ?
At least you got the Metzler RR as opposed to me I'm the pilot RS.... Want to swap???
This is my rear tire at 200 miles... I am pretty sure at 800 miles it is going to be at the wear markers. Ok.. I can trade.. haha

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
...and if there's multiple people in the pic, might want to mention which one you are. I'm assuming you're on the left?

·
Vendor
2,507 Posts
Obviously you are babying that bike >:)
605 miles today. Dealer tomorrow for the unlock and 2nd oil change. Last time the dealer sees it I hope. As in no warranty issues. The engine sure is noisy. I went to another ///M today however and he only has 150 miles. His is not as ticking as mine, but it does have some ticking.

My tire is coming apart. Maybe I am too hard on it. Those are 2 cracks. They are about 10 inches apart, and both on the right side. You can see the mold seam line, and the crack is smaller. I am hoping the dealer can warranty it tomorrow also.

·
Registered
354 Posts
605 miles today. Dealer tomorrow for the unlock and 2nd oil change. Last time the dealer sees it I hope. As in no warranty issues. The engine sure is noisy. I went to another ///M today however and he only has 150 miles. His is not as ticking as mine, but it does have some ticking.

My tire is coming apart. Maybe I am too hard on it. Those are 2 cracks. They are about 10 inches apart, and both on the right side. You can see the mold seam line, and the crack is smaller. I am hoping the dealer can warranty it tomorrow also.

It seems like you have the wrong tire for the job.

·
Registered
171 Posts

It seems like you have the wrong tire for the job.
It's about as good as tire as they come though....??

·
Registered
171 Posts
You're just too good looking ?
At least you got the Metzler RR as opposed to me I'm the pilot RS.... Want to swap???
This is my rear tire at 200 miles... I am pretty sure at 800 miles it is going to be at the wear markers. Ok.. I can trade.. haha

No deal ???
My RS did really well today. That crazy tire will last 2000 miles however hard I ride.... But it's missing that little bit from the Metzler RR or Supercorsa .....

Attached picture of a pilot RS after 3 half hour session at the track on old RR. Like you,ight not use them the way it was intended. ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,636 Posts
BMW are aware of engine ticking and it is normal. Due to the 2 part shift cam design they say all is normal. If you rev the bike at idle fairly quickly you can some times hear a distinct click. Not the normal ticking in general. They are also aware of the clutch being sticky or jerky and say this is normal for the run in period. I personally found the clutch sticky during the run in period. Felt like a novice trying to take off on the thing. It did seem to improve later on.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The transmission has been a little notchy and the clutch a little grabby on every new bike I have ever bought. I also was lucky enough to get a hypermotard 950 this year and it is the same. Clutch was grabby and the trans was a little notchy. After about 500 miles it really started to smooth out. Here is a pic of that bike. Now, post up some pics of your 2020.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,507 Posts
BMW are aware of engine ticking and it is normal. Due to the 2 part shift cam design they say all is normal. If you rev the bike at idle fairly quickly you can some times hear a distinct click. Not the normal ticking in general. They are also aware of the clutch being sticky or jerky and say this is normal for the run in period. I personally found the clutch sticky during the run in period. Felt like a novice trying to take off on the thing. It did seem to improve later on.

I appreciate you investigating the 'ticking' issue. It is really bad when you are a person like myself that builds engines. This ticking sound is exactly of that when you want to kick yourself in the butt after building a SBC engine and you crank it for the first time. Lifters are not pumped up, lash is wrong on a rocker, you have to have the patience to stand there and wait on the oil to start doing it job. The only thing I can assure you of is that if this new K67 engine was going to blow up, it would have done it yesterday. I put that thing at 124 @9k for 8 miles. Then the typical road I burn up and down I laid down some good times in the corners out there. Bike is broke in and today I get the limiter off, and BMW dealer sign off on it. Back to Ida road today to really play. Then I can start playing with the ECU myself.

If you can get some BMW representative to explain the exact reason why shift cam has a loose part involved that requires it to tick, that would be very helpful. I am going to the BMW dealer this morning and it is my intention to get an area representative on the phone and request and explanation from them. I dont mind that they say it is 'normal' .. they just got to explain to me what normal is involved that something has a lash parameter that requires it to tick.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I appreciate you investigating the 'ticking' issue. It is really bad when you are a person like myself that builds engines. This ticking sound is exactly of that when you want to kick yourself in the butt after building a SBC engine and you crank it for the first time. Lifters are not pumped up, lash is wrong on a rocker, you have to have the patience to stand there and wait on the oil to start doing it job. The only thing I can assure you of is that if this new K67 engine was going to blow up, it would have done it yesterday. I put that thing at 124 @9k for 8 miles. Then the typical road I burn up and down I laid down some good times in the corners out there. Bike is broke in and today I get the limiter off, and BMW dealer sign off on it. Back to Ida road today to really play. Then I can start playing with the ECU myself.

If you can get some BMW representative to explain the exact reason why shift cam has a loose part involved that requires it to tick, that would be very helpful. I am going to the BMW dealer this morning and it is my intention to get an area representative on the phone and request and explanation from them. I dont mind that they say it is 'normal' .. they just got to explain to me what normal is involved that something has a lash parameter that requires it to tick.
I am looking forward to the explanation too. Believe it or not, I have not had a chance to ride my bike. Family commitments have swamped me since I got it home. This weekend will be my first ride. What are your thoughts as far as how vibey she is. Some people mention it, and some don't. I trust you, and thus, wanted what you have observed. Obviously, your bike has been ridden hard during its break in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts