BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm sure BMW are aware of this, they can't just ditch a supplier over night or have the supplier expect to resolve the brittle plastic so soon.
The implementation of new materials takes time. This is common in the car industry, and sure enough eventually it will get corrected. They won't stop production over this plastic part, it's cheaper for BMW to replace the part under warranty until their supplier sorts it out on their end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dealership replaced mine under warrenty. The replacement is identical. I declined to have them put it on, as I honestly don't want to have to remove it again.

Mine broke around 400 miles. Passing 4000 miles in the next couple days. Hopefully this gets fixed by bmw with a more appropriate part.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm sure BMW are aware of this, they can't just ditch a supplier over night or have the supplier expect to resolve the brittle plastic so soon.
The implementation of new materials takes time. This is common in the car industry, and sure enough eventually it will get corrected. They won't stop production over this plastic part, it's cheaper for BMW to replace the part under warranty until their supplier sorts it out on their end.
Only issue is, BMW is now starting to deny warranty claims for the part. I've had it replaced via warranty and it broke again. I decided not to have it replaced again and ordered the carbon fiber one. Also to add, because it's siting up against the hot frame I'm of the belief no plastic is going to hold up to the test of time.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts