BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of the Vortex or Woodcraft Clip-Ons and confirm if they will fit on this bike? I’m dying to get rid of the stock bars but I don’t want to drop a ton of money on the Gilles or Alpha that hasn’t been released yet

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welllll I went ahead and bought the two piece woodcraft 55mm clip ons. I will report back and see if they fit in a couple of days. Go me for being a pioneer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good for you! Interested in how it works. Do the 2 piece clip-ons mate up to the stock triple?

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Has anyone tried any of the Vortex or Woodcraft Clip-Ons and confirm if they will fit on this bike? I’m dying to get rid of the stock bars but I don’t want to drop a ton of money on the Gilles or Alpha that hasn’t been released yet
I have Alpha Racing clip-ons in stock if you are interested.

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
The woodcraft clip ons should work if the correct ones are ordered. Remember you need the top triple end clamps to have a complete kit.

You can get riser ones which will put the bars at the same height as the stock ones as well.

There are Alpha Racing and Gilles Tooling options out there which are made specifically for the 2020 S1000RR.

Gilles Tooling Clip Ons for 2020 S1000RR

----

Alpha Racing Clip Ons for 2020 S1000RR

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welllll I went ahead and bought the two piece woodcraft 55mm clip ons. I will report back and see if they fit in a couple of days. Go me for being a pioneer.
Damn wish I saw this earlier. They are still developing clip ons I believe...they should be out soon. I do not think the old ones will work, but I didn't talk to Eric about it (they might work as Motomillion pointed out if you close off the triple tree).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The woodcraft clip ons should work if the correct ones are ordered. Remember you need the top triple end clamps to have a complete kit.

You can get riser ones which will put the bars at the same height as the stock ones as well.

There are Alpha Racing and Gilles Tooling options out there which are made specifically for the 2020 S1000RR.

Gilles Tooling Clip Ons for 2020 S1000RR

----

Alpha Racing Clip Ons for 2020 S1000RR

Mani! Can I get those Alpha Racing buttons?!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m having a slight issue with fitment on the alpha racing clip ons with the OEM brake master. The bleeder valve hits the upper cowl on the fairing.

Any ideas?

·
4,644 Posts
You can order a different MC steel line that comes with a different angle.
Or suck it up, get a Brembo MC, and a new hose with it.

I recommend coreMoto, they make one of the best brake steel lines. You tell them what angle you want line to fit MC, length, 3 days later you have it in the mail. Have their lines on R1 and R6.

For clipons, I have tried many of them. Evol and Attacks top the list. In that order. Same for rearsets and brake guards.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can order a different MC steel line that comes with a different angle.
Or suck it up, get a Brembo MC, and a new hose with it.

I recommend coreMoto, they make one of the best brake steel lines. You tell them what angle you want line to fit MC, length, 3 days later you have it in the mail. Have their lines on R1 and R6.

For clipons, I have tried many of them. Evol and Attacks top the list. In that order. Same for rearsets and brake guards.
I have to run an OEM master cylinder for Superstock races or I will get disqualified if anyone contests me. The figment ok the Alpha stuff is fantastic I just have to figure this out.

If I angle the bars way in they fit but then I lose my wide bar angle.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why change the clip-ons? What's the advantage?
There are a few advantages to running clip one on this bike.

1. You get adjustability. I get to decide how much angle I want on the bars and height.

2. The OEM bars are expensive to replace.

3. When you crash with the OEM bars the seem to have a tendency to fold into the fork and will bend the fork instead of snapping.

·
Registered
89 Posts
just a tip for you guys. you need to order the correct clip-on. There is a problem with using the original triple clamp. there is a screw ( the one to fasten the half moon part) that will stick out under the triple clamp. this will not let you put the clip-on flush on against the bottom of the tripple clamp.
So the Alpha racing and the Gilles clip-on is "shaved" and rased on the correct spott to prevent this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just a tip for you guys. you need to order the correct clip-on. There is a problem with using the original triple clamp. there is a screw ( the one to fasten the half moon part) that will stick out under the triple clamp. this will not let you put the clip-on flush on against the bottom of the tripple clamp.
So the Alpha racing and the Gilles clip-on is "shaved" and rased on the correct spott to prevent this.
Did you have any clearance issues with yours?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts