BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Youtuber 650Ib has made a neat video showing a stock ECU versus a XWorks flashed ECU. We know he might not be every bodies favorite due to some of the controversial content he puts out, but this video is definitely very interesting for everyone that rides a K67 (2019 2020 S1000RR) and is thinking of getting a K67 S1000RR.

Pretty cool that he had two ECU's, a flashed and a stock one, so that they could dyno it back to back. I don't think we've ever seen such a comparison to date, mainly due to the fact that being able to have a functional key on two ECU's is not a service any vendor offers other than XWorks.

To clarify a few misconceptions, the XWorks flash isn't simply an EU mapped factory ECU, the EU factory ECU's still do have some throttle restrictions, just not as bad as the USA ones. This can be easily seen on the dyno graphs that are floating around of the many EU bikes that has been dyno'd. EU mapped factory ECU, same as the USA bikes does have a factory speed governor / limiter, which the XWorks ECU has removed.

Aside from what you can see on the dyno, traction control maps and a few other changes are done the ECU calibration with the XWorks flash that would benefit road racers / track day riders, which can not be shown simply on a dyno.

The stock ecu was dyno'd first to give the advantage to the stock ecu. The xworks flashed ecu was dyno'd after and considering how hot the room was and how warm the ambient temperatures had gotten by the time the dyno test was performed on the XWorks flashed ecu, we are not surprised to see a dip in final power results, mind you, it is only .9hp. If you look at all other gears it indicates there are top end gains.

Either way, for those who understand, this is a great show of factual data that has been put out. We knew some people will get hung up on that final 5th gear numbers, but for the sake of transparency all dyno results were published. The customers can make their final decision on how they want to interpret the data.

XWorks ECU calibrations are being used on a few 2020's that are road racing across the country, their main focus is making a product that is maximizing the potential for road racers. There has been updates as more data is collected from the race teams / racers that are running their products and from what we have been told, there will be further updates coming up.

·
Vendor
2,080 Posts
As indicated in the video and by Mani, the results are extremely positive for what it is supposed to do. Get rid of that annoying 2nd and 3rd gear lag drag and showing a very good HP/Torque output in the racetrack useable area if you are a road racer. Raise the speed limiter from 186 to 193 cluster readout. Move the throttle response to 1:1 ratio. Torque management on DTC and Launch control slightly remapped for the additional torque output.

I am here for all racers. However, I will say that XWORKS is more targeted to the canyon carver / road racer. I like drag racing, but this smack down 9/10's stuff is just different racing. The bike setup has to completely change, the rider input has to completely change, and most of it is done on freeways and toll ways. Here in DFW the guys are filling up with MR12 and riding to Tex Express toll way road. They do what they call 2 hits and ride home to get more fuel. That is not what I call fun.

At least XWORKS ECU has now been on 3 different dynos. Code the same, bikes the same with AKRAPOVIC full exhaust. I have shared the results with everyone. The range is 191HP to 206HP .. thats the issue with dyno's.

·
Banned
12 Posts
If you could show me the Xworks flash gives good air/fuel ratio's over the hole rev range with a full race exhaust I might be intrested . I think that is very important . Not having a air/fuel reeding in the dyno video I found weird .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts