BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
BMW listen, hire TheRoadWarrior as resident Photoshop Artist, BMW_388 as engine tuner and let the rest of us be test riders. KTHXBYE

lol.. .thatd be a fun job ;)

but seriously... for a flagship top of the line superbike... their should be a range of color options for the bike itself, and the wheels / accessories and the customer should be allowed to create their own combination... much like any flagship car has these days, BMW has this for their cars https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/195G (although wheel color is lacking)

but i guess the volume of bikes sold just doesnt make it cost effective to offer color choices.

or they could have a "boutique" option, where its like a authorized paint center attached to BMW dealer that will custom color anything on your new bike BEFORE delivery to the customer and be covered under warranty, they could upcharge for it and turn a profit no doubt.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Lol, no. But I’m considering that blue as a custom color for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
The colour range is boring af. Ilmberger carbon is cool but will surely be pricey...

Silver spotted in Garmish (Germany), not for me no thank you. Bit boring and with the fugly terracota accents from the M. Will cost extra (180 swiss francs in Switzerland, available for order already).

Ps. long Ilmberger belly pan is sexy af, race only?

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Coincidentally, I had entered the Swiss configurator the other day when coming back from the dealer. I just opened it again and there are a few changes. Apart from the Hockenheim Silver metallic colour option, there is the carbon package for 2270 francs (no description given at the moment), and the carbon wheels are not anymore available outside the M package (they could be ordered in separate for 75% of of the M package price).

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
The colour range is boring af. Ilmberger carbon is cool but will surely be pricey...

Silver spotted in Garmish (Germany), not for me no thank you. Bit boring and with the fugly terracota accents from the M. Will cost extra (180 swiss francs in Switzerland, available for order already).

Ps. long Ilmberger belly pan is sexy af, race only?
Curious...is the silver a metallic silver? Or just a flat silver? Flat not matte, if that makes sense...I’ve seen some great metallics on BMW over the years, esp. their cars. The Black Storm metallic on my 1600 is beautiful after a wash and wax :)

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Coincidentally, I had entered the Swiss configurator the other day when coming back from the dealer. I just opened it again and there are a few changes. Apart from the Hockenheim Silver metallic colour option, there is the carbon package for 2270 francs (no description given at the moment), and the carbon wheels are not anymore available outside the M package (they could be ordered in separate for 75% of of the M package price).

Carbon package (front and rear fender, upper fairing side panel left and right, chain guard and sprocket.)

Reactions: CVNH

·
Registered
407 Posts
Curious...is the silver a metallic silver? Or just a flat silver? Flat not matte, if that makes sense...I’ve seen some great metallics on BMW over the years, esp. their cars. The Black Storm metallic on my 1600 is beautiful after a wash and wax :)
Can't really tell from the picture, but description says it's metallic. Yep I have to agree on the metallics, mine is a beautiful metallic grey. Me just thinks it looks boring on this bike, it's nice colour for a 1600 touring though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not a fan. M Sport for me. I may even go paint it black tbh. Looks really good.
We can agree that the all black is the choice.

Thanks for posting.
I didn't notice this thread because I wasn't looking in the sticky's above the other new threads.

Are We SURE that's the new silver in that video?
The bike in that video looks nothing like the silver, and almost an off white.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
We can agree that the all black is the choice.

Thanks for posting.
I didn't notice this thread because I wasn't looking in the sticky's above the other new threads.

Are We SURE that's the new silver in that video?
The bike in that video looks nothing like the silver, and almost an off white.

Yes, that video is from Sepp. It is the new silver although the video quality makes it look white. And the RR is ORANGE.

Reactions: 19s1k

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I know I’m in the color range forum...but since the vid has the carbon pkg on it...I can’t help but think how great that pkg would look with carbon rims. But someone here posted it’s outrageously priced and can’t come as a factory option.

Are we sure about this?

IMO, it doesn’t make sense they (BMW) would have a carbon pkg, but not have carbon rims outside of a separate dealer installed accessory...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts