BMW S1000RR Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
maybe this ....

https://www.motorsport-total.com/superbike/news/radikalere-s1000rr-bmw-arbeitet-an-einer-m-variante-des-superbikes-19121403?fbclid=IwAR2DWc79TuNCAAdfAQuQPo7SSKKSd6qK2ZY89dNNvMC4eIXJbMCChu_Ap_4

BMW M 1000 RR
BMW is working on a more radical S 1000 RR using the experience of the 2019 season that will be the new homologation basis for the World SBK Championship in the future in 2020.

With a base price of 18,900 euros, the BMW is the cheapest superbike in the World Championship. A homologation model may cost a maximum of 40,000 euros. The M version planned for the future is intended to offer the WSBK team more opportunities to survive against Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha and Honda.

"From the point of view of motorsport, there are some wishes," says Bongers. Can BMW fans look forward to a radical Ducati-style engine? "We are pursuing a different strategy because Ducati brought a motorcycle that was built purely for the Superbike World Championship ," commented Bongers.

"In many national championships you are not allowed to ride this machine at all. The Superbike World Championship is the top, but customer sport is also important to us. That is why we will always have the Superstock theme in mind," Bongers clarifies.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As long as they get the oil cooler right this time..... they can bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heard from my dealer they are now producing oil coolers for the recall hopefully it will end the stop sale and get some shipments to the USA soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
What a **** show
One of the absolute worst new product launches ever. Almost lost complete interest in getting one at this point after reading about every little incident and the cost to repair/replace cracked wheels, screws backing out, mechanical and safety issues currently noted. The downtime on waiting for parts and not riding while sitting on a $23000 bike would drive me berserk.

Owned a 2013 and 2016 new, have had zero real issues in 35000 miles combined. Minor dash pixel flaking and clutch cable snapped-mostly my fault were both covered under warranty.

However still continue to log onto this forum with a smile, maybe a 2021 model is in the future:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had my 2019/20 bike since July, before the oil cooler recall. Waiting on the replacement part but so far have not had a single issue with the bike except not being able to ride it more. Suffice to say it is simply brilliant, a joy to ride.

·
Registered
266 Posts
One of the absolute worst new product launches ever. Almost lost complete interest in getting one at this point after reading about every little incident and the cost to repair/replace cracked wheels, screws backing out, mechanical and safety issues currently noted. The downtime on waiting for parts and not riding while sitting on a $23000 bike would drive me berserk.

Owned a 2013 and 2016 new, have had zero real issues in 35000 miles combined. Minor dash pixel flaking and clutch cable snapped-mostly my fault were both covered under warranty.

However still continue to log onto this forum with a smile, maybe a 2021 model is in the future:)
Wow! I've had my 2020 RR M since Aug and now have over 4000 miles. The bike is absolutely brilliant in so many ways and has had zero problems. I'll take care of the oil cooler recall next month while I get another set of tires mounted. It's not a big deal, at least not for me.

I think you're combining the worst problems owner have had to paint a dark picture - one that is very unrepresentative of the reality. My dealer has a long waiting list for the RR, and for good reason.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any updated information about the stop sale? I went to the dealer today and they said the status is still the same.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just got my 2020 S1000 M back from the dealer. Got the first new Oil Cooler in the area and opted to throw on the oil and radiator oem BMW guard as well (it's just 70$) and it looks good.
Once more of them become available I assume that the stop sale will be lifted and everyone will be happy again :)

61 - 74 of 74 Posts