BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the full system with the carbon can? I have only seen the Ti can. I was curious how it was for this bike. I know, typical Akra quality, however, just wanted to see if any owners are running one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Does anyone have the full system with the carbon can? I have only seen the Ti can. I was curious how it was for this bike. I know, typical Akra quality, however, just wanted to see if any owners are running one.
I have the titanium can with the carbon tip. Looks great. I haven't seen the full carbon can in the flesh but I think the titanium can looks better.

·
Vendor
1,079 Posts
They don't sell it like that in one package unfortunately. Additionally the carbon can and titanium header that comes with the TI Full system do not work together.

We installed the full TI system on our shop bike and then had a carbon can we wanted to put on it, didn't work the mid pipe is different and the brackets won't work.

I talked with Akra and apparently to make it work you need to have the "optional" stand alone header and then the carbon can will work. I think there will be a lot of upset people who want to just swap the cans around and it will not work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out my IG, I have several pictures, on top of the main page there's a rev sound clip, in there somewhere is a minute long cold start.

Instagram.com/Sabrius2.0

Bren stage 1
Sprint filter
Ti optional headers.
Carbon slip-on

All purchased from Bren, exactly as stated above.

It's a dream. I love the full system and it sounds beastly. Sounds like a diesel truck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They don't sell it like that in one package unfortunately. Additionally the carbon can and titanium header that comes with the TI Full system do not work together.

We installed the full TI system on our shop bike and then had a carbon can we wanted to put on it, didn't work the mid pipe is different and the brackets won't work.

I talked with Akra and apparently to make it work you need to have the "optional" stand alone header and then the carbon can will work. I think there will be a lot of upset people who want to just swap the cans around and it will not work.
yeah really short-sighted of them to do it this way... should have had the carbon can as an option for the full system... or better yet, design the headers in a way such that either slipon can work with the headers just by using a new midpipe

·
Vendor
51 Posts
They know exactly what they are doing. I have a SS optional header and Carbon can in stock if anyone is interested in going that route. The carbon can and optional headers are beautiful Akra as usual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts