BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on YouTube:

The video says that the 2020 S1000XR’s adaptive headlight is not enabled because BMW hasn’t gotten it cleared in US. Anyone know anything about this?

I’ve asked the dealer bringing in the M Package XR I bought, but thought I’d check here too.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oddly enough, it appears, based on a 2021 Ice Grey XR I saw, that we get the weird LED rear combo brake/turn signal, but not the front LED turn signals.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The US has weird specs on lights. You guys don't get LED indicators either.
Yup! That's been an issue for years, especially when the EU cars first started getting HID lights....that the US didn't... Thank God that for all the retarded emissions stuff CA did that the entire rest of the country didn't, CA didn't require special lights. Honestly, I think all the car and motorcycle manufacturers should have told CA to [email protected]<k off, and not made special versions. If all the manufacturers would have done that and stood firm, the people in CA would have told CA to stuff it because they couldn't get new cars and motorcycles and repealed all that lunacy. Now, all the manufacturers are stuck with anything crazy CA wants to do. SO glad I'm not living there...

Reactions: A B and WingZeroX5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts