BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3561 - 3569 of 3569 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Dunno, at least for me, after riding both back to back (mine to and from the dealer) I felt it was way easier for me to put the 'RR where I wanted it, and felt a lot less comfortable at speed on the 'XR, too much moving around under me. WAY more comfortable though!
Try riding an XR in 1+luggage (solo) and in dynamic suspension mode. It's zoom zoom mode for the XR. If you happen to be around 200lbs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So, since s1000rr is way faster than any of us (either with or without the ddc/akrapovic/carbon wheels/black color/any-other-marketing-hype), which is something I totally agree with, shouldn't we all quit this forum and buy an XR instead??

because its godawful ugly?
i dont care if it was 5 seconds FASTER than the RR lol... its looks goofy

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Nice! Back in the day when he was racing it??? Suh-WHEET!
Kenny didn't do well that day. Can't remember why. He was spinning the rear all the way around the track and was backing off to get traction to accelerate. :laugh: I think GGF was a one time thing. Wooden guard rails and hay bails. Designed for horses, it was as unsafe as you can get when traveling 130+. :frown2:

·
Banned
378 Posts
Keep talking $hit while hiding behind your computer, fagot.
Wow, nice. Hey mods, do we allow gay-bashing here?
Hehehe MONKEY_BOY...no problems at all... Please don't stress. I've had 2 wives, no husbands, I have 4 kids and had the pleasure of dating about 70 different women in the 2 years between divorce 1 and 2nd wife.

I'll admit that one of the girls I dated made me a deal... If I had a 3some with her and another bloke she'd supply me with regular 3somes with her friends. I did and so did she! Regularly!!!

My offer still stands though. If old mate ever comes to Melbourne I would be honored to introduce him to Mr BJJ. I know it won't happen. Something about him being a gutless little D***.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Are there any difference in ECM mapping between the sport model and the M model?
Yes and no. (I think)

From what I've seen so far both have standard street riding modes and it looks like there's no difference.

I think the M Spec has Race Pro 1, 2 and 3 where the Sport model doesn't.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are there any difference in ECM mapping between the sport model and the M model?
What do you mean by "sport model"? It's the basic (or standard) model and three different optional packets: Dynamic, Race, M.
Race and M, both include the "Riding Modes Pro".
Dynamic does not. So either the basic model, or the basic with Dynamic added, does not include the "Riding Modes Pro".
Now, mind that the bikes comes from factory with four riding modes, named RAIN, ROAD, DYNAMIC και RACE respectively.
"Riding Modes Pro" includes another 3 profiles to customize as you like. But the basic 4 are already there, not changed at all.
I think the real extra is that in each of these 3 profiles you get to tweak each value (DTC, ABS Pro, Rear wheel lift, engine brake, wheelie control, etc.) separately.

On a side note, "Riding Modes Pro" includes some other stuff besides the extra 3 profiles, like: launch control, pitlane limiter, hillstart assist pro, dynamic brake control, slide control and maybe something else too that I can't recall at the moment...

·
Registered
214 Posts
What do you mean by "sport model"? It's the basic (or standard) model and three different optional packets: Dynamic, Race, M.
Race and M, both include the "Riding Modes Pro".
Dynamic does not. So either the basic model, or the basic with Dynamic added, does not include the "Riding Modes Pro".
Now, mind that the bikes comes from factory with four riding modes, named RAIN, ROAD, DYNAMIC και RACE respectively.
"Riding Modes Pro" includes another 3 profiles to customize as you like. But the basic 4 are already there, not changed at all.
I think the real extra is that in each of these 3 profiles you get to tweak each value (DTC, ABS Pro, Rear wheel lift, engine brake, wheelie control, etc.) separately.

On a side note, "Riding Modes Pro" includes some other stuff besides the extra 3 profiles, like: launch control, pitlane limiter, hillstart assist pro, dynamic brake control, slide control and maybe something else too that I can't recall at the moment...
That's what I was talking about. I wanted to confirm that standard model comes with the same mapping/ performance package/ecm as the M version.

·
Super Moderator
9,652 Posts
We're done. I would think we are mature adults but can't rely on some folks to act as such. This forum was well respected place to exchange information about a machine and topic we love. We continue to experience new members as new models are announced, but this might be the worst. There is a reason why long standing members, including myself, don't have the passion to share knowledge. Thanks for those who threw around insults associated with sexual preferences and male parts. You are ruining for many of us who are looking for a great place to meet people with a common interest.

One more mention about matte black or petition for BMW in any other thread and that person is getting banned.

3561 - 3569 of 3569 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.