BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
When I went to Mugello with Troy and these guys last year, a friend wanted to go who wasn't going to ride. We found him a flight out of New Orleans to Bologna bundled with four nights in a room near Mugello for just under $1,000. There are plenty of less expensive places to stay around Mugello, as it is very rural. If you are willing to fly in the back of the plane, the transportation and lodging costs are not a big problem. Car rentals in Bologna are usually pretty cheap too. If you decide to be based out of Florence, it gets a little more expensive.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Fly in and ride the 2019 BMW S 1000 RR M package on your favourite track in Europe!

Track training by Troy Corser

www.racing-school-europe.com

So, this means that they will have new bikes in their possession in a few weeks time. They’ll need some time to set them up in advance of the first school date in mid-April. Does that mean we could also get them in North America in mid-2019?

·
4,590 Posts
No, it's simple. In US new RR won't be available before Sept-Oct. It's a different story in AU and EU.

·
4,590 Posts
BMW sent official letter to US dealerships. No pricing yet, and (sept-oct) availability. Two dealerships told me the same exact thing. One in VA, the other in NC.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Missed an important item in the total cost...

https://booking.racing-school-europe.com/en/

Being of Italian descent, it'd be a blast to do Mugello but.....man, it adds up quickly, and that's not including airfare or motels etc...
07/29/19 - 07/31/19 Mugello (IT) at Mugello
Group: Beginner (price € 1,599)
Bike rental: 3 days rent BMW S 1000 RR 2019 M package + Rain tyres if needed (price +€ 987)
Excess: Excess from € 4000,- to Excess € 2000,- (price +€ 150)
Private instruction: Yes, I want maximum guidance (price +€ 1,500)
Tyre options: Metzeler Racetec RR K3, included in bike rental package
Lunch: 1 person, 3 days (price +€ 45)
Riding gear: Complete gear ( 1 piece suit, helmet, boots, gloves) (price +€ 149)
Flexible booking: Flexible booking 3 day event (price +€ 199)
SBK Package: None
Pitbox: Yes, 1 spot (price +€ 150)
Pillion ride with Troy Corser: Yes, i would love this experience! (€ 100,- cash on the event)
Transport motorbike: None
TOTAL:€ 4,779.00

You forgot to add about US$22,000 for a fully loaded 2019 (I guess it'll be called 2020 in the US?) brand new S1000RR, which is what you WILL want once you ride it on the track!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
https://booking.racing-school-europe.com/en/

Being of Italian descent, it'd be a blast to do Mugello but.....man, it adds up quickly, and that's not including airfare or motels etc...
07/29/19 - 07/31/19 Mugello (IT) at Mugello
Group: Beginner (price € 1,599)
Bike rental: 3 days rent BMW S 1000 RR 2019 M package + Rain tyres if needed (price +€ 987)
Excess: Excess from € 4000,- to Excess € 2000,- (price +€ 150)
Private instruction: Yes, I want maximum guidance (price +€ 1,500)
Tyre options: Metzeler Racetec RR K3, included in bike rental package
Lunch: 1 person, 3 days (price +€ 45)
Riding gear: Complete gear ( 1 piece suit, helmet, boots, gloves) (price +€ 149)
Flexible booking: Flexible booking 3 day event (price +€ 199)
SBK Package: None
Pitbox: Yes, 1 spot (price +€ 150)
Pillion ride with Troy Corser: Yes, i would love this experience! (€ 100,- cash on the event)
Transport motorbike: None
TOTAL:€ 4,779.00
Well it adds up but you went all in on the option list so what to expect. I am instructing with RSE and if you would just go without the Private Instruction, don't do the pitbox and skip the flexible booking you pay € 1850,- less and still have an awesome learning and exciting experience. Normal instructor to student ratio is 1 on 3 and you all get the Racelab classroom sessions on top from Troy & Marcel. I would say start from there :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh...I'd want to go to Mugello...and go knock on Rossi's door....

And what is "excess"?
Amount of own risk in the event of a crash with a rental S1000RR M.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well it adds up but you went all in on the option list so what to expect. I am instructing with RSE and if you would just go without the Private Instruction, don't do the pitbox and skip the flexible booking you pay € 1850,- less and still have an awesome learning and exciting experience. Normal instructor to student ratio is 1 on 3 and you all get the Racelab classroom sessions on top from Troy & Marcel. I would say start from there :)
I agree fully. I have done Brno, Valencia, Barcelona and Mugello twice with this same group of guys. You can get all of the instruction that you can likely take in with the normal setup. This is particularly true given that you will probably be on a track that is new to you and learning that, as well. The faster that you can take it in the faster that your instructor will feed it to you. You can also switch instructors. When you can keep up with Nico you can worry about private instruction and shaving off those last few hundreths of a second.:smile2: Use a credit card with trip insurance. Bring your own gear. Buy down the excess if you are not sure of your skills or planning to push it a bit. It saved me some money at Brno. Getting the tire warmers can also be like a form of insurance. Get the meal plan. You will be riding a lot and burning up a ton of energy. As I said when I last wrote up these guys in their former school, the question is will you have better memories from riding five more track weekends at the track you normally ride or from one trip to Mugello or whatever other cathedral of motorcycle racing that you choose to worship at. It's your money, spend it however will most make you happy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a 360 view onboard from Catalunya last week on the new 2019 BMW S1000RR M package

21 - 37 of 37 Posts