BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any exciting updates for 2019? Specifically helmets. I was planning to get Agv Pista Gp R as an upgrade from my current Pista but not sure if anything newer is coming in 19. AGV made modest upgrades from first Pista to GP R.

Open to other brands that fit the same as AGV. Tested SR2 but found it inferior to Pista (view, weight, feeling).

·
Registered
822 Posts
the only other helmet I would recommend at this point is a X-14 shoei. It has completely interchangeable pads so it will fit. There are no updates to it apart from graphics. It does however fit a transitions shield which is nice

·
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A tried a shoei (carbon one that first came out in 15), it did not fit well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i mean im sure ur aware that the soleluna 2016 $950 now, pretty good deal in my eyes. second hand, slightly used theyre about that much on this very forum. Besides, im sure you could sell your old pista in a second despite being well used, people would jump on it with a low price just for its vanity, regardless of how many miles its logged.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-pista-gp-r-carbon-rossi-soleluna-2016-helmet

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
the only other helmet I would recommend at this point is a X-14 shoei. It has completely interchangeable pads so it will fit. There are no updates to it apart from graphics. It does however fit a transitions shield which is nice

I have a new x14 ready for my new RR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Few friends have Shark and Bell Pro carbon helmets. They look decent, anyone has experience with them on the track/street?

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
My spidey sense is telling me you want to buy a helmet, but need to rationalize the purchase.

Nuts with this.

If the yuck/buck ratio is good for you, just go for it.

·
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Pista production date is 8/15. I crashed 4 times in it :grin2: while keeping my head away from hitting the pavement, still looks like new.

I cannot remember if track orgs require 3 or five years from production date. Looking to buy a second helmet.

What's the safe number of years from prod date to keep a modern helmet? Google says 3-8 years and it's a broad range.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My Pista production date is 8/15. I crashed 4 times in it :grin2: while keeping my head away from hitting the pavement, still looks like new.

I cannot remember if track orgs require 3 or five years from production date. Looking to buy a second helmet.

What's the safe number of years from prod date to keep a modern helmet? Google says 3-8 years and it's a broad range.
It's manufacturer dependent. Shoeis are 7 years and that's all I know.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Few friends have Shark and Bell Pro carbon helmets. They look decent, anyone has experience with them on the track/street?
If the Shoei doesnt fit you well, then the Bell wont either. Their fits are nearly identical (I've gone between those two brands the past few years). AGVs dont fit my head well and neither have the new Corsair X's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a rossi agv pista gp r for $875. My previous helmets are shoei rf1100, arai corsair v, and agv corsa. I really think the agv fits my head the best but what I really like is the wide forward view out of the pista. It comes with a hydration system but I took mine out since I can go 20 minutes on the track without drinking and I don't go on long street rides anymore. But it's a nice feature to have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts