BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 520 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried the "BMW Sport Rider High Seat" for the 2020 S1k and like the improvement. I changed the seat on previous Gen S1ks which helped with my long legs and 6'2'' height.

The seat is both higher and less slanted in the front. Pushes me less into the tank which I like for street riding. My legs are more relaxed now and the higher riding position is helping bike handling. You sit a touch higher and there is a little less protection from the windshield - didn't bother me. Have hopes this will help on the track with leg fatigue.

It weighs exactly 900 grams, 60 grams more than stock. It cost me $535 which is pricey. You could also get 600 gram of pure silver on the spot market for the same. Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way :)

Here are some pics to give you an idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys!

I would like to buy "M oil filler neck" (77319457024).
Is impossible to buy it also online!
Maybe it's not yet in production?
Anyone has news?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
I tried the "BMW Sport Rider High Seat" for the 2020 S1k and like the improvement. I changed the seat on previous Gen S1ks which helped with my long legs and 6'2'' height.

The seat is both higher and less slanted in the front. Pushes me less into the tank which I like for street riding. My legs are more relaxed now and the higher riding position is helping bike handling. You sit a touch higher and there is a little less protection from the windshield - didn't bother me. Have hopes this will help on the track with leg fatigue.

It weighs exactly 900 grams, 60 grams more than stock. It cost me $535 which is pricey. You could also get 600 gram of pure silver on the spot market for the same. Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way :)

Here are some pics to give you an idea.

View attachment 213147

View attachment 213148
Selling that m seat that you are not using?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm also using the M tall seat and while pricy, for me has made a huge difference to the comfortability for longer distance road riding. I'm a long leg / shorter torso guy and the extra leg room it's generated is excellent. I also prefer the body position for bike handling and ergos.

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
I'm also using the M tall seat and while pricy, for me has made a huge difference to the comfortability for longer distance road riding. I'm a long leg / shorter torso guy and the extra leg room it's generated is excellent. I also prefer the body position for bike handling and ergos.
Gotcha, I'm really wanting an M saddle, I have a saddlemans seat on my track bike and I LOVE it. This seat leaves a lot to be desired. Lol.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Many don't seem to be a fan of the harder M seat but I love it for longer road rides. Makes you sit more on your sit bones. My track bike is a bit of foam but not sitting on it too much anyway lol

Reactions: cjc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Many don't seem to be a fan of the harder M seat but I love it for longer road rides. Makes you sit more on your sit bones. My track bike is a bit of foam but not sitting on it too much anyway lol
The seat is a bit harder initially but they get better with time. My new tall seat has improved already. Firmer also doesn't mean it is worse on long rides. You have actually better support.

It's a bit like with education and military training - firm is desirable. You will thank it in the long run :)

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
Just put in the rearsets and my radiator guard. At least I got the guard on BEFORE there was a problem. with this bike lol. Bonamici case covers this week also..

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Model update for 2021:
  • New paint finish Black storm metallic. Racing Red non-metallic:
  • Changeover to EU-5.
  • New optional equipment: Sports silencer*.
  • New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system*.
  • New optional equipment: M milled parts package**, M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors, M rider footrest system left/right.
  • New optional equipment: Sports package***. M Endurance chain, USB charging port and M GPS lap trigger.
  • New optional equipment: USB charging port.
  • New optional equipment: M Endurance chain.
  • New optional equipment: M GPS Laptrigger***. Activation code to enable a GPS sensor to send the signal to the instrument cluster. This allows the data-logger to trigger the lap timer/lap counter via GPS instead of manually.
Has anyone figured out how to order the M GPS Laptrigger for the S1000RR yet?

I also noticed this page: M GPS Laptrigger - 2D Debus & Diebold Meßsysteme GmbH

Is this separately available from anywhere?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Anyone know when the:
Pillion seat cover will be available for the 2021 Black storm color?
I see red and Silver ones but not Black on the website

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
295 Posts
501 - 520 of 538 Posts