BMW S1000RR Forum banner

461 - 480 of 502 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
In case a future searcher is curious, I find the BMW radiator and oil cooler guards to be a PITA. They attach with metal clips to the bodywork. They are good quality and light, but I find them very fiddly when removing and reinstalling bodywork. I'm going to replace them with guards that attach to the radiator and oil cooler directly.

Also, I've been using the Alpha Racing clipons.
Also great quality - really nice - but they move the bars forward from stock position. For me, the increased reach is distracting and makes it harder to keep weight off the bars. Also, depending on how you adjust your brake and clutch levers, they can hit the stock bodywork. Finally, you can't use just any replacement bars. The Alpha bars have 3 grooves at one end. A bar without those groves won't work.

I am switching to these:
Eye watering expensive. Don't need the separate clamps that most replacement bars require. Looks like they (and the Gilles GOP clipons) are very close to OEM position. I may regret not just getting the Gilles but will report.

Sorry to blather - just sharing in case this helps someone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In case a future searcher is curious, I find the BMW radiator and oil cooler guards to be a PITA. They attach with metal clips to the bodywork. They are good quality and light, but I find them very fiddly when removing and reinstalling bodywork. I'm going to replace them with guards that attach to the radiator and oil cooler directly.

Also, I've been using the Alpha Racing clipons.
Also great quality - really nice - but they move the bars forward from stock position. For me, the increased reach is distracting and makes it harder to keep weight off the bars. Also, depending on how you adjust your brake and clutch levers, they can hit the stock bodywork. Finally, you can't use just any replacement bars. The Alpha bars have 3 grooves at one end. A bar without those groves won't work.

I am switching to these:
Eye watering expensive. Don't need the separate clamps that most replacement bars require. Looks like they (and the Gilles GOP clipons) are very close to OEM position. I may regret not just getting the Gilles but will report.

Sorry to blather - just sharing in case this helps someone.
I really like my K67 but BMW failed in regards to the clip-on setup on this bike. Removing the lock screw and adjusting the OEM clip-on is one of the first things I do all my bikes. I'm 6'2" with a 75" reach so moving the bars forward or switching to race style clip-ons is key to my ergo comfort.

The added cost of having to replace the whole triple or purchase absurdly priced clamp ends in addition to already overpriced clip-ons is bogus.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really like my K67 but BMW failed in regards to the clip-on setup on this bike. Removing the lock screw and adjusting the OEM clip-on is one of the first things I do all my bikes. I'm 6'2" with a 75" reach so moving the bars forward or switching to race style clip-ons is key to my ergo comfort.

The added cost of having to replace the whole triple or purchase absurdly priced clamp ends in addition to already overpriced clip-ons is bogus.
Yes I am not an expert and also find it unpractical as it makes it harder for most people who ride or race this bike.
Technically wise it is a nice solution saves space and so on just it is not fit for the general usage most have with the RR. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,435 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just bought my bike this week.

So far I've ordered:
BMW Radiator and Oil cooler guards
M Sport Spools
M Front Axel Protectors
M Folding clutch and brake levers
Speedo Angels Screen Protector

I'm thinking about getting engine case protectors as well. I had GB racing ones on my 2015. However on this one I would rather not cover the magnesium color. Has anyone installed the M Engine Protectors? I don't see how well they would work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As anyone bought the decal kit? It is catching my eye just different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was about to purchase it but it says "Not suitable for forged wheel front and rear". So I guess they won't stick to Forged wheels cause of the matte finish.

·
4,756 Posts
TWM just released their Brembo P2 34 CNC Rear caliper conversion kit.
On site it says deleting ABS is required. Why?
What is the ABS delete? Requires a flash? Or just OEM plug, remove ABS pump, and its lines?

·
Registered
971 Posts
On site it says deleting ABS is required. Why?
What is the ABS delete? Requires a flash? Or just OEM plug, remove ABS pump, and its lines?
There are 2 options, a) remove lines and plug holes with bolts, b) remove the pump itself and put a blank plate instead. In both cases, electronic block stays on the bike connected to the loom, so no flash needed.

·
Registered
202 Posts

So far I've ordered:
M Sport Spools
M Front Axel Protectors

I'm thinking about getting engine case protectors as well. I had GB racing ones on my 2015. However on this one I would rather not cover the magnesium color. Has anyone installed the M Engine Protectors? I don't see how well they would work.
Static drop would work ok for M engine “slider”.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Anyone know the correct R&G exhaust slider for the Akra Evo exhaust for the 2020 (long silencer)?

I tried the hexagonal one, but it didn't seem to fully match the silencer shape and the slider part fell off while riding.

I'm open to other brands if someone knows a good alternative.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There are 2 options, a) remove lines and plug holes with bolts, b) remove the pump itself and put a blank plate instead. In both cases, electronic block stays on the bike connected to the loom, so no flash needed.
Presumably need to install a relay, and new wiring for the brake light as well.
Any kits for that?

·
Registered
17 Posts

So far I've ordered:
M Sport Spools
M Front Axel Protectors

I’ve got the Bonamici case protectors on mine and they showcase the copper coloring while still protecting quite a bit. Take a gander if u like on my profile.

Reactions: noor440

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for which helmet lock to get for the 2020 S1000RR, and where to put it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Model update for 2021:
  • New paint finish Black storm metallic. Racing Red non-metallic:
  • Changeover to EU-5.
  • New optional equipment: Sports silencer*.
  • New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system*.
  • New optional equipment: M milled parts package**, M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors, M rider footrest system left/right.
  • New optional equipment: Sports package***. M Endurance chain, USB charging port and M GPS lap trigger.
  • New optional equipment: USB charging port.
  • New optional equipment: M Endurance chain.
  • New optional equipment: M GPS Laptrigger***. Activation code to enable a GPS sensor to send the signal to the instrument cluster. This allows the data-logger to trigger the lap timer/lap counter via GPS instead of manually.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Model update for 2021:
  • New paint finish Black storm metallic. Racing Red non-metallic:
  • Changeover to EU-5.
  • New optional equipment: Sports silencer*.
  • New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system*.
  • New optional equipment: M milled parts package**, M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors, M rider footrest system left/right.
  • New optional equipment: Sports package***. M Endurance chain, USB charging port and M GPS lap trigger.
  • New optional equipment: USB charging port.
  • New optional equipment: M Endurance chain.
  • New optional equipment: M GPS Laptrigger***. Activation code to enable a GPS sensor to send the signal to the instrument cluster. This allows the data-logger to trigger the lap timer/lap counter via GPS instead of manually.
The EU-5 is the most concern.
I would like that GPS lap trigger no more clicking the high beam by hand.

461 - 480 of 502 Posts