BMW S1000RR Forum banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a Federal rule.

The regulation allows license plate mounting angles of up to 30 degrees upward from vertical (an installed plate will face above the horizon) if the upper edge of the license plate is not more than 1.2 m (47.25 inches) from the ground. This applies to both cars and bikes.

The maximum downward angle (an installed plate will face below the horizon; that is, tucked) is 15 degrees.

I’ve sent the same to Evotech Performance and their not so nice customer service replied, “we won’t change the plate bent angle not recommend to do it yourself” . That is why y made a post to inform all and saying basically they are NOT LEGAL. But hey in many places that don’t matter.
In Spain some have been fined so as in Germany also other countries like where I live this is an issue.
I say the less excuses one can give to police to find anything the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a Federal rule.

The regulation allows license plate mounting angles of up to 30 degrees upward from vertical (an installed plate will face above the horizon) if the upper edge of the license plate is not more than 1.2 m (47.25 inches) from the ground. This applies to both cars and bikes.

The maximum downward angle (an installed plate will face below the horizon; that is, tucked) is 15 degrees.
It's an important information, thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Purchased the ilmberger cf underbelly. Should arrive in 3 days. Only 1 left at motivation.
I found they are much more expensive on every item compared to Motomillion. Take some nice pictures! What one did you get? The full system one, or the slip on OEM exhaust one?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Purchased the ilmberger cf underbelly. Should arrive in 3 days. Only 1 left at motivation.
I found they are much more expensive on every item compared to Motomillion. Take some nice pictures! What one did you get? The full system one, or the slip on OEM exhaust one?
Yes their prices are a little more but they do price match. I told them i have the full akra exhaust and they said the one i bought will work on that underbelly. They fitted akra headers with sc slipon exhaust with no issues. The part is sure pricey but it completely changes the look of the bike. It will look more complete.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Totally understand, heck yeah can't wait to see it. I'm waiting until the full system one arrives or has pictures somewhere b4 I make the buy. The one that fits OEM has slices in it to fit the OEM cats. Not a fan of it, so hopefully see some pictures soon of other options

·
Registered
313 Posts
Totally understand, heck yeah can't wait to see it. I'm waiting until the full system one arrives or has pictures somewhere b4 I make the buy. The one that fits OEM has slices in it to fit the OEM cats. Not a fan of it, so hopefully see some pictures soon of other options
The vents will serve for more ventilation and plus, i dont mind showing off the blue titanium lol.

I just bought the ilmberger side panels and badge holder from motomillion. I spent a whole lot of $ today. Im done with the exterior of this bike, cf atleast.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alpha doesn't require the side stand removal, they just never tested it on a bike with a side stand. That's why they say it won't work...

Alpha ones will actually fit the bike with the side stand, you remove the shift lever off of their side stand delete block, and install it directly as a replacement of your stock shift lever.

The only downside of the Alpha Racing rear sets is the fact that they do not have an exhaust hanger bracket on their rear sets. You can either fab something up yourself which might not look so pretty, or run an exhaust that doesn't attach to the rear set (ie. Akrapovic Evolution, or Akrapovic Carbon).

🤓
Anyone installed the Alpha rearsets and kept the sidestand?
Looking for some pictures of it.

Thx!

421 - 436 of 436 Posts