BMW S1000RR Forum banner

401 - 420 of 449 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
A long time ago. BMW said they were going to have a shim/valve/whatever kit for the 2020 M Spec's suspension. Did that actually ever materialize??? I need to stiffen up the forks and this would have been useful to me.
The shim stack is obviously adjustable. But I don't think BMW offer anything or plan to. A suspension shop can modify it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah the tank needed a larger pad.
I went for this one and very happy with coverage and design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,210 Posts
Wow, that is a work of art.

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts

·
Vendor
3,433 Posts
yeah looks much better, and i like the option to have it tucked as that is how i always set mine on all my bikes.... but goddamn $270 lol.. nice profit margin on that one ;)
Price's have been adjusted to $220 shipped within USA.

There isn't a whole lot of margin on motorcycle parts, especially on higher priced items as some would think.

By far the best fender eliminator / tail tidy kit out there for the 2019 / 2020 S1000RR.

Here is a picture of it installed

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
So....after all of these 42 pages what is the sort of general consensus as to which rearset is the best for track & street.

Thanks guys 😂

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
This has probably been answered before but could not find... is the tucked version legal in the US?
I don't know for sure, but I think it varies by state and the attitude of whoever happens to pull you over.

I've been stopped a number of times in TN and NC. No problem with a tucked plate, but one local cop in NC told me their state troopers would ticket me for it. A buddy in GA says he can't get away with a tucked plate there.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
There is a Federal rule.

The regulation allows license plate mounting angles of up to 30 degrees upward from vertical (an installed plate will face above the horizon) if the upper edge of the license plate is not more than 1.2 m (47.25 inches) from the ground. This applies to both cars and bikes.

The maximum downward angle (an installed plate will face below the horizon; that is, tucked) is 15 degrees.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
There is a Federal rule.

The regulation allows license plate mounting angles of up to 30 degrees upward from vertical (an installed plate will face above the horizon) if the upper edge of the license plate is not more than 1.2 m (47.25 inches) from the ground. This applies to both cars and bikes.

The maximum downward angle (an installed plate will face below the horizon; that is, tucked) is 15 degrees.
thanks for the info... by that, the conclusion is that the NRC tucked version is not legal. correct? :nerd:

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
. . . the NRC tucked version is not legal. correct?
Correct, but from my experience the plate angle is not a big deal onto itself for most officers.

As a bit of trivia, Harley-Davidson lobbied very hard, and offered testimony, for the change to U.S. regulations which increased the upward angle from 15 degrees to 30 degrees.

401 - 420 of 449 Posts