BMW S1000RR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
You have to take off the lower faring on each side. I just loosened the upper faring near the radiator, however, did not take it all the way off. The tabs on the guards kind of sit on top, or somewhat inside the tabs on the bodywork. You then clip from the outside and it holds them together. Once you fasten all the bodywork the guards fit nice and tightly. The rubber gromet goes in the tab on the bottom of the radiator guard. When I did mine, those instructions did not exist.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Even tho it’s pricy but it looks great
Is the mount for the stock exhaust (on the brake-side rear set) removable? I have an aftermarket exhaust and want that stupid empty-hole bracket removed haha. @bennymx you might know the answer to this as well.

Here is a photo for clarification. This bit:

·
Vendor
3,435 Posts
Is the mount for the stock exhaust (on the brake-side rear set) removable? I have an aftermarket exhaust and want that stupid empty-hole bracket removed haha. @bennymx you might know the answer to this as well.

Here is a photo for clarification. This bit:

It should be, since they are the Gilles Rear sets just with the M touches.

Take a look at the video where we show the back of the Gilles Rear Sets

·
Vendor
3,435 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tried removing the two bolts on the back of the gilles rearsets and stripped it. Managed to get 1 out but the other is stripped to shii. ?. Need to find a way to remove it without damaging the rearset.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
IIberger hugger arrived today. Easy install if only the stock plastic "Phillips head screws" didn't strip as soon as you blow on them(haha). For me at least, seems they are for one time use(yes I used proper sized screw driver and was gentle). @MotoMillion thank you again Mani, hopefully all my other goodies arrive with in a week(I pray haha)

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
The R&G EaziGrip tank grips just showed up, as promised, here is a proper picture of them

They are already up on our website : https://www.motomillion.com/products/r-g-racing-eazigrip-tank-traction-grip-pads-for-s1000rr-2019-2020
I was about to order StompGrips (Super Volcano Clear 065), which is the name I normally go to for tank grips. How are the R&G better? Also, is there a good video on how to apply these (the clear variety) to avoid the recommended professional install?

·
Vendor
3,435 Posts
I was about to order StompGrips (Super Volcano Clear 065), which is the name I normally go to for tank grips. How are the R&G better? Also, is there a good video on how to apply these (the clear variety) to avoid the recommended professional install?
The R&G grips are made from silicone as opposed to rubber and other plastics. The benefit of R&G's material is that, it is soft to touch, yes it grips on your riding gear. Other grips tend to be a lot more abrasive on your gear which lead to wearing out your gear.

The main advantage of the R&G Racing tank grips are the fact that they are extremely thin, because of the material used, so they form to the curves of a tank really well.

The trick with the clear ones are not to leave any bubbles under neath the tank pads, because the air bubbles will leave "dark" spots, and doesn't look too appealing, hence why we usually recommend tanking it to a tint shop to install them, they'll only charge a few dollars to put them on.

Tried looking up a video from them for the clear pads install from R&G but couldn't find any.

221 - 240 of 469 Posts