·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It is that time again.

Date: October 21

Time: Crack of dawn at Black Bear Restaurant, Tracy CA

KSU: 8:00am

Same route as always.

Would love to ride up there but Black Bear diner is about 60 miles from Mtn View, might be tough to meet at 8am on a Sunday. Are a lot of us located in and around East Bay?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would love to ride up there but Black Bear diner is about 60 miles from Mtn View, might be tough to meet at 8am on a Sunday. Are a lot of us located in and around East Bay?
I live in San Hoe. If distance is an issue, this ride will approx a 420+ mile ride.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I live in San Hoe. If distance is an issue, this ride will approx a 420+ mile ride.

I usually do the 150 mile mini-dragon route like I had described a few weeks ago but solo is not that much fun as with a group. 400+ mile group ride sounds like fun. Do you have the ride route on google maps? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually do the 150 mile mini-dragon route like I had described a few weeks ago but solo is not that much fun as with a group. 400+ mile group ride sounds like fun. Do you have the ride route on google maps? Thank you.
Check some of the past post on the subject

·
Registered
311 Posts
Aren't the passes closed/have snow now?

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
This is what you are looking for. Tons of fun and you will be sore. :wink2:

https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/northwest/189378-official-outta-control-s-wild-sore-ass-ride-oct-8-a.html

The last AFM race of the season is the 20th and 21st at T-Hill East. Already committed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nope.

Sonora Pass closes on 11/21
Ebbetts Pass on 11/30

I do this ride every year about the same time.

Update: Weather is expected to be warmer than last year (see photo above) in the high 70's.
So... normal gear is fine? I don't have anything in particular for cold weather...

I'm in Belmont near the caltrain station, so if anyone else is planning to go and I'm on your way to Black Bear, we can meet up and head to black bear together.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interested! But will be traveling to asia on the 22nd morning. When would we be back from the ride?
Typically we'd be back around 6-7 ish'.

So... normal gear is fine? I don't have anything in particular for cold weather...

I'm in Belmont near the caltrain station, so if anyone else is planning to go and I'm on your way to Black Bear, we can meet up and head to black bear together.
Normal gear is fine as long as you can tolerate the early morning weather but once we hit the mountains it'd should be nice and cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts