BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys has anyone had experience with this issue? I have a 2018 s1000rr with an arrow evotech exhaust system. Just tried installing my new OEM hp rearsets quick-shift side bolts up beautiful however the rear brake lever side has issues, the bracket from the muffler bolts up to the rear set and also ties in with the rear master cylinder and it just doesn't allow enough space for me to use the rear brake and it is also causing the muffler can to sit hard up against the rear set.

Looking at the hp rearset compared to the OEM, the rear brake lever does look fatter which is taking up more space but I guess arrow didn't take this into consideration while designing either.

Only thing I can think of is fabricating an extra piece to the bracket to create a clearance to make it fit, unless someone else has had this issue and can tell me I'm doing something wrong ? I can't find nothing regarding this thread on the net however every video or picture i see of a 2015-18 s1k with an arrow exhaust and hp rearsets they all look like the brake lever will hit see the link i attached to see what i mean. Any help would be appreciated cheers 馃憤

Vendor
I drilled an extra hole in the bracket and lower the muffler slightly. I have Lightech R versions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dude, I already sorted it though... for anyone else that may come across this issue you have to put spacers between the muffler can and the flange that bolts to the reaset. Enough to push the muffler towards the swingarm to allow enough clearance for the brake lever to clear and have room.

Peace 鉁

Vendor
Just remember there are situations where the swingarm will drop down and if the muffler is too close, you will stress the muffler depending on how hard it hits.

Dropping the muffler creates a problem too however. I can drag the muffler outlet at 58 degrees lean angles and I wore a nice hole in my carbon tip outlet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great point cheers. I'll keep an eye on it, I put 3 spacers and it's allowed for heaps of room so if the swingarm does hit ill have room to go back the other way and find a happy medium. Attached a pic 馃摳

Tire Wheel Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts