BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the Akrapovic titanium slip on for my 2016 right now but wanted to know if you guys were going to make a shorty exhaust for the 2015+ model years? I'll be tracking my bike but no hardcore racing so I don't think I need a full system.

60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jaye,

Unfortunately, we are not offering a shorty Slip-On system for 2015-2016 models. However, I have several US dealers who have figured out how to fit the 2014 slip-on on the 2015 model with some additional modifications. This is of course not something we can recommend as we do not offer it as an official option but, im sure you can find additional information about this online. :) I know Go AZ Motorcycle sin Peoria has done this for a couple customers, you might want to reach out to them.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Hello Jaye,

Unfortunately, we are not offering a shorty Slip-On system for 2015-2016 models. However, I have several US dealers who have figured out how to fit the 2014 slip-on on the 2015 model with some additional modifications. This is of course not something we can recommend as we do not offer it as an official option but, im sure you can find additional information about this online. :) I know Go AZ Motorcycle sin Peoria has done this for a couple customers, you might want to reach out to them.
Speaking as someone who has an Akro full TI race system (and LOVES it), I have to ask:

If your customers are rigging up 2014 systems to fit the 2015s, why would you not just go ahead and support the 2015s rather than put your brand image in the hands of people who might hack up your systems any old way? A badly done Akro system reflects badly on you, doesn't it?

Asked another way: If people are willing to give you money to have a certain type of exhaust fit a certain bike, why not just tell them how much it will cost (which may be a lot) and if they throw the money at you, take it and do the exhaust?

Isn't that the way Akropovic got started?

60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shorty Option

Speaking as someone who has an Akro full TI race system (and LOVES it), I have to ask:

If your customers are rigging up 2014 systems to fit the 2015s, why would you not just go ahead and support the 2015s rather than put your brand image in the hands of people who might hack up your systems any old way? A badly done Akro system reflects badly on you, doesn't it?

Asked another way: If people are willing to give you money to have a certain type of exhaust fit a certain bike, why not just tell them how much it will cost (which may be a lot) and if they throw the money at you, take it and do the exhaust?

Isn't that the way Akropovic got started?
I completely understand your argument and have provided the factory with the same feedback over the past year. The Shorty was also our top seller previously here in the US. The factory is aware of the demand and hopefully, we will see an option here is the US in 2017. Fingers crossed. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Do you know if certain systems are more popular in various parts of the world? For example, are short exhausts in greater demand in the States than elsewhere?

60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if certain systems are more popular in various parts of the world? For example, are short exhausts in greater demand in the States than elsewhere?
Hello Elk,

Shorty systems are in highest demand here in the states. The larger majority of people just want small and loud believe it or not. They are not as concerned with actual performance.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Thanks!

I expected this to be a US thing. And I am not surprised loud, short and no performance is popular here, embarrassingly enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts