BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bumped over at a stop light yesterday. I have the full akro titanium. Went down on right side, frame slider did it’s job for most fairing parts, but the Akro muffler needs to be replaced. I’m having trouble finding just the muffler. Anybody know where I can find it in the states?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would say wherever your dealership orders the parts from, obviously using the other persons insurance to pay for the system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a 2015. I’ve got it at the dealer getting a quote. They said that I’d they can’t get the muffler only they will just quite the full system to the insurance.
The German dude at the shop said, it isn’t your problem it is theirs in a great accent. Really lightened the mood for me. Although I don’t think he meant it as a joke. ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have them go through the bike with a fine tooth comb too. With a rear end hit you could be looking at numerous issues from the swing arm to pinched wires in the tail section. Be tedious about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes. They said they will get it on the lift and check everything. It rode great going home from the accident and to the dealer. Gave not errors on the DDC either. So I’m hopeful.
Interestingly I can’t find any abrasions on my pants or jacket (CE-2). My Held gloves did have some on the outer pinky guard.
my hip armor must have been what bruised my leg when it stiffened you for the impact (D30). My gear did it’s job quite well as I’m only sore. Neck is pretty stiff, but no mark on helmet. I must have held my head up and the weight of the helmet strained my neck.
This was the equivalent of falling over on a bicycle as far as my injuries go. The shove from behind was while I was stopped.
I thought I had accidentally slipped my fingers off the clutch. I bounced up and started yelling at the lady as she kept trying to go forward thinking she hit the curb.
I felt kind of sorry for her. I work at a hospital, she was on her way to get her older kid from DayCare. Had her younger one in the back child seat leaving from HiS cardiologist appointment. She obviously has a lot on her mind. I got her info and told her to go get her kid from daycare before they started charging her overtime.
Her insurance company said she accepted liability immediately and asked them if I was okay.
I’m hopeful that this was a good lesson for her to always look forward before proceeding to a stop sign.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I have emailed Akrapovic to see if they have a part number for just the evolution muffler. They probably do, but since it is not a slip on, they don’t list it in their website as it requires the header pipe. I’ll send that along with all my other custom parts to the dealer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You are a super nice guy, can't say I would have been so nice if rear ended at a light. Good on ya! Best of luck with the bike, oh, and be sure to check that rear wheel as even the slightest imperfection will be felt at speed!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. I told the dealer the tire has less and 1k on it. They will check the balance. If it is off they will suggest a replacement. The wheel is scared on the left side. Apparently when she kept trying to go the frame I’d the bumper was scraping it. I suggested to the dealer to look closely at the wheel.
They are the cast wheels so they aren’t the more expensive ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s a 2015. I’ve got it at the dealer getting a quote. They said that I’d they can’t get the muffler only they will just quite the full system to the insurance.
The German dude at the shop said, it isn’t your problem it is theirs in a great accent. Really lightened the mood for me. Although I don’t think he meant it as a joke. ?
Thanks
Got bumped over at a stop light yesterday. I have the full akro titanium. Went down on right side, frame slider did it’s job for most fairing parts, but the Akro muffler needs to be replaced. I’m having trouble finding just the muffler. Anybody know where I can find it in the states?
View attachment 210090 View attachment 210091 View attachment 210092
Yes. I told the dealer the tire has less and 1k on it. They will check the balance. If it is off they will suggest a replacement. The wheel is scared on the left side. Apparently when she kept trying to go the frame I’d the bumper was scraping it. I suggested to the dealer to look closely at the wheel.
They are the cast wheels so they aren’t the more expensive ones.
M-CZ00105T
Also, I have emailed Akrapovic to see if they have a part number for just the evolution muffler. They probably do, but since it is not a slip on, they don’t list it in their website as it requires the header pipe. I’ll send that along with all my other custom parts to the dealer.
M-CZ00105t
Omnia Racing
Also on EBay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, the COVID has really slowed down progress, but finally got the check from the insurance agency. I have started ordering parts. I ordered the fairings from AUMotofairings in March and due to flight restrictions in AU they still have not shipped.
I ordered the muffler from Omina on Saturday. Wondering if it will be delayed as well since it appears to be coming from IT. Got the Sato bar ends ans lever guards already, the sliders from Mani Motomillion, the motodynamic taillight is on the way and waiting on the shipping confirmation of the replacement peg from Attack Performance.
got dealer to order the right mirror. They need to get something out of the time they spent with the insurance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts