BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I just turned 3,882 miles on my rear Supercorsa (replaced the front at about 2,700 if I remember), and it looks like I'll STILL get another at least 600 miles out of them, if not more.
Extremely interesting, especially as you are running the manual recommended 42 psi which many opine is far too high.

I am also intrigued that you wore out the front first, and much sooner than I have experienced.

· Registered
91 Posts
No it was def lower than that. That image was taken after I cleaned the bike the following day.

I started off with 30/30 then we slowly went down to 27/27 probably closer to 28/28.

Bridgestone Race Tire Recommended Pressures:

S20 Evo Sport/Track Day Tire
(+/- 2 lbs.)
Cold ----------- Off Warmers -------- Hot Off Track
29F / 27R ------ 31F / 29R ----------- 32F / 31R

I'm not a fast/experienced track rider so I let my friends who race or have raced over the years guide me.

I didn't feel like the bike stepped out on me with any of those TP's as a matter of fact it felt planted for my ability.

Creeps.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I asked a question with my settings. I already mentioned I don't know much about suspensions. What's your point bro? For the last time, either say something useful or GTFO.
Multiple people have already responded, all telling you the settings you posted do not make any sense. They make no sense to me either, so now you have four stating the same thing.

For someone who claims to have a tough skin, you certainly are quick to get your panties in a wad. :crying: Toughen up and stop whining.

Now please stop crapping in an otherwise very interesting thread on the relation between tire wear and suspension settings.

7,509 Posts
Multiple people have already responded, all telling you the settings you posted do not make any sense. They make no sense to me either, so now you have four stating the same thing.

For someone who claims to have a tough skin, you certainly are quick to get your panties in a wad. :crying: Toughen up and stop whining.

Now please stop crapping in an otherwise very interesting thread on the relation between tire wear and suspension settings.

When a suspension newbie asks a question and the answer along the lines "you prob don't know what a properly setup bike feels like". Tough skin has nothing to do with it. Anyway, not here to argue. There is no need for this elitism insecurity issues some members on here have.

Regarding tire wear and suspension: here is my RS10 tire with settings I posted. I get mostly the center part worn out because I mostly ride on the street/canyons and some track days here and there.

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Anyway, not here to argue. There is no need for this elitism insecurity issues some members on here have.
Unfortunately, you are - demonstrated by your continuing comments such as this, and direct insults to individual members, in many threads.

You are experiencing push-back solely because of your initial attitude when joining the board which, sadly, continues.

This is an extremely welcoming and open group. Pocket the attitude and people will be delighted to help you. Remember, you have otherwise asked for suggestions on how to move forward here and asked for blunt. OK, here is the blunt version: many here are tired of your endless ignorance coupled with relentless arrogance, expressed by pretending you know something.
>:)

Positive suggestion: Start seriously lurking. Absorb. Learn. Ask open, honest questions without posturing and trying to convince others you are clever/cute/well-educated/moneyed/whatever. Stick to the topic at hand.

And to everyone else, I am very sorry to misdirect this thread. As many others before me, I have had enough.

Back to your regularly scheduled. much more interesting, programming.

7,509 Posts
Unfortunately, you are - demonstrated by your continuing comments such as this, and direct insults to individual members, in many threads.

You are experiencing push-back solely because of your initial attitude when joining the board which, sadly, continues.

This is an extremely welcoming and open group. Pocket the attitude and people will be delighted to help you. Remember, you have otherwise asked for suggestions on how to move forward here and asked for blunt. OK, here is the blunt version: many here are tired of your endless ignorance coupled with relentless arrogance, expressed by pretending you know something.
>:)

Positive suggestion: Start seriously lurking. Absorb. Learn. Ask open, honest questions without posturing and trying to convince others you are clever/cute/well-educated/moneyed/whatever. Stick to the topic at hand.

And to everyone else, I am very sorry to misdirect this thread. As many others before me, I have had enough.

Back to your regularly scheduled. much more interesting, programming.

Attitude? I have been nothing but respectable and nice. I cannot do much if some people are too sensitive or insecure to handle a joke or my awesomeness.
I'm going to update my siggie to reflect that what I say is my own opinion, take at it at your own risk. :wink2:

From day one I never claimed to be an expert in literbikes/sports riding. I share my experiences and that's it. Take a step back and wonder why my threads are the most popular on this forum.

Convince others lol I'm not that social. I care less about what others think of me. I avoid most people like the plague. The more I think about this, the more I believe it has to do with generation X vs Y. My testosterone is level 1110 (total T test), constant boners make some members on here very mad/jealous.

Thanks for the advice BTW!

Keep thinking what I do is programming. :x

· Registered
2,587 Posts
I got my suspension setup at the track the other day by a tuner specialized in s1000RR DDC. I'm about 183lbs with gear. It was set up as follows:

Rear rebound: -6, Comp: 4

Front: DMP: -7

The bike felt night and day different. I like how it feels, it works well for the streets as well.

The preload on the front was left in stock settings, but rear preload was turned to left one turn.

I don't know much about suspensions. To understand what the tuner did, why did he make rebound and dampening softer, but compression harder?

Setting will vary a little depending on track and riders pace but your setting are way off. Your starting to be a troll !!

7,509 Posts
Setting will vary a little depending on track and riders pace but your setting are way off. Your starting to be a troll !!

This is Sonoma track. Very technical with many hills (up/down). So you're saying the suspension tuner does not know his $hit and did it all wrong?

There is an gotta be another rider on here around 185lbs with gear. What are your settings?

· Registered
2,587 Posts
Few suspension tuners know the DDC . I would suggest you listen to peeps that are using it have tried different setting . Most of the setting posted are very close to what a Bmw s1000rr test riders told me .That has hundred of laps with a data logger and a Bmw engineer analyzing it .So in closing your suspension tuner doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to DDC.

· Super Moderator
9,788 Posts
Attitude? I have been nothing but respectable and nice. I cannot do much if some people are too sensitive or insecure to handle a joke or my awesomeness.
I'm going to update my siggie to reflect that what I say is my own opinion, take at it at your own risk. :wink2:

From day one I never claimed to be an expert in literbikes/sports riding. I share my experiences and that's it. Take a step back and wonder why my threads are the most popular on this forum.

Convince others lol I'm not that social. I care less about what others think of me. I avoid most people like the plague. The more I think about this, the more I believe it has to do with generation X vs Y. My testosterone is level 1110 (total T test), constant boners make some members on here very mad/jealous.

Thanks for the advice BTW!

Keep thinking what I do is programming. :x

I think you have good intentions. You really want to learn. You ask some reasonable questions. Problem is, you've offended people along the way, including me. This has caused people to become hypersensitive and/or hypercritical of you and your questions and comments.

This one post alone shows how immature you are. Do you recall what you wrote when I asked about lever angle? That's the kind of stuff that will make people not like you. Go join a different forum if you want to talk like this. It's not that we're better than others. We just prefer not to deal with immature BS. May I remind you how helpful we were the first time you nearly crashed your bike? That's gone because of the way you carry yourself. Just listen to what people have to say. Don't get defensive.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
I have just checked back in on this one.

So, back to tires and suspension and setup. Is there a consolidated list of DDC setups? Because I reckon it could help others to get a good baseline for road/track riding. If everyone else wants to post theirs up I can put them in the first post.

· Banned
631 Posts
I have just checked back in on this one.

I had to have a chuckle.

I have added zOO to my ignore list... So, the only times I see his messages are when they're quoted.

zOO,
I'm not interested in your threads/posts. I do not want to hear your opinion or listen to your advice.
Now, this 'is' personal, because I don't like your personality, BUT, it's a normal part of life to not get along with everyone, and you happen to be someone I have decided I don't get along with.

We both ride the same bike, but that's where the similarities end. I'm pretty sure we don't ride the same way or for the same reasons (and judging by your setup the same style either). We happen to frequent the same forum but I will refrain from further comment on your posts (because I won't see them), and if you're going to comment on a thread I've created maybe keep down the hostilities, because that's not cool.

So, back to tires and suspension and setup. Is there a consolidated list of DDC setups? Because I reckon it could help others to get a good baseline for road/track riding. If everyone else wants to post theirs up I can put them in the first post.
Well said and I agree 100%. Too bad we still have to see his posts in quotes....wish there was a feature to disappear him completely.

I really wish my S1000R had the extra suspension settings the RR has. I'd like to be able to dial it in better.

· Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Well said and I agree 100%. Too bad we still have to see his posts in quotes....wish there was a feature to disappear him completely.

I really wish my S1000R had the extra suspension settings the RR has. I'd like to be able to dial it in better.
I was under the impression the R had identical DDC features. Whats missing?

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.