BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride tonight and was the first time I was switching riders modes while not in neutral and when I stopped to get gas after changing from race mode to slick mode I shut bike off and when I went to turn it back on bike struggled to start a second like battery was about dead and when it fired up the idle was higher than usual and the check engine light was blinking and it wouldn't let me rev the bike anyone ever have this happen to them before I shut bike off and started it again and it ran just fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After switching modes while riding for the first time usually I do it when im.in neutral at a stop light i got to gas station and shut bike off and when I went to start it back up felt.like battery was about dead but it started and when if did the check engine light was blinking and the idle was higher than normal and it wouldn't let me rev bike at all shut it off and started it back up and it ran fine and check engine light disappeared anyone else ever have this happen?

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
Probably to do with the throttle. Might need a reset or need replacing. Sometimes its the connector as well. If it had an engine light on then it would have logged a fault code. Check it with a GS911.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably to do with the throttle. Might need a reset or need replacing. Sometimes its the connector as well. If it had an engine light on then it would have logged a fault code. Check it with a GS911.
Ok I will check it out thank u ran it this morning and it ranngreat no issues just seemed to happen after I was switching modes which I thought was weird is it safe to change modes while riding or are u supposed to do it in neutral

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
You can change modes on the fly. The activation of mode however is when the throttle is back at rest ( idle ) or you pull in the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts